Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: A4 B8 no sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: A4 B8 no sound

Hello everyone, I'm having some sound problems with a car I just purchased. There is no sound coming out of any speakers. I have replaced the amp with another factory amp (although it was used) and had the amp recoded to the car. The MMI seems to work fine, as all the buttons work. I can switch to AM / FM and CD changer just fine. However, when a CD is in, it doesn't play. It loads fine and I can select a track, but it never plays. I had the car scanned and the CD changer gives a fault, but would that really effect any of the other components like the radio or Bluetooth? I also have the Tune 2 Air Bluetooth adapter in my car, and it pics up my phone fine, even knows when I'm calling out or getting a call. But obviously no sound and no mic. Would replacing the CD changer or even upgrading to something like concert or symphony help? Do I just try to bypass everything with an aftermarket amp and new MMI screen like RS nav? Let me know if any other information would help.

2009 A4 Avant
MMI 2G High.
both steering wheel and center volume **** doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't even go onto mute when I press down on them.
Amp has been replaced with factory used amp and coded to the car.
Took it to 2 Audi shops to recode the amp and remove CP, and an audio install shop and he checked all the cables and speakers and there is definitely power coming from the amp, and speakers are all good. Please help. Last resort is to take it to a stealership, but I'm worried they will just tell me the same thing the three other shops told me. for $250

None of the shops I have taken it to have figured it out, and Audi is booking 3 months out for a diagnostic