Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Concert I wiring!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Concert I wiring!

Hey guys,

I've already STFA, but I can't seem to find anything on it. So can someone plase help?

I'm trying to install a new system in my 99.5 A4 w/ Bose. I've already installed new speakers and amp, but when I was installing the front speakers I got a little lazy and wanted to just use the original wiring from the door to the head unit. So I just plugged the old connectors back to my new spearkers.

Problem is, I'm just wiring it up now and realized that I don't know which wires to tap into to get the speakers!! The top of the Audi head unit (Concert I) diagram states that the middle harness contains RF and LF (both with + and -, making 4 wires). However, when I looked at the harness itself, only two slots have wires come out of it, the RF+ and RF-. To add to the puzzle, there're 2 wires each coming out of RF+, and RF-. So I'm positively confused as to what wires to connect where.

Sorry if the post is confusing, but I've tried to describe the problem as best as I could. Can anyone help??

TIA!!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Your front speakers are run off the amp, not the headunit

those wires to your RF are for the telephone hands free part of your radio. All your speakers are wired to your amp, and your amp is wired to your concert with line outputs for all four speaker outs (LF, RF, LR, RR).
Old 09-16-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Your front speakers are run off the amp, not the headunit

oh, so you're saying that if I want to tap into factory wiring for the front speaker, I'll just have to get it off the harness for the amp in the back? I'll try that first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Remember the Bose speakers are 2 ohm impedance

so the Bose amp is expecting a 2 ohm load. Bust I'm assuming you are by passing all the Bose stuff and replacing the Bose speakers so you should be fine.
It's worth rewiring the front speakers as the Audi wiring is really feeble, it's actually quite easy all you need is a wire coathanger and some duck tape (and a bit of patience).
Old 09-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Remember the Bose speakers are 2 ohm impedance

Yeah, I replaced/bypassed all the bose stuff, so no problems with impedance here. I thought about running my own wires, but I had no idea where they came out once inside the car. I tried sticking some thin track lighting wire through (same way I got the power wire through the firewall) but with no luck.

So I just got lazy and used the stock wiring. =D