Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! I can't get rid of the Whining

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! I can't get rid of the Whining

ok here is my setup in my 98.4 A4 hopefuly someone will have some idea of what else i can do to get rid of this...
-Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navi head unit (grounded to the body of the car. i sanded around the bolt)
-Memphis Power Reffrence 5 1/4" door speakers
-Memphis M-Class 6x9's in the rear deck
-3 MTX 10's (being relpaced soon)
-Memphis Belle 600 Watt 5ch amp the gains are set very low(mounted on the back of the sub box)
-JL premium RCA's run down the center of the car on the passager side
-Oxygen free 16 guadge speaker wire run from the amp to the door speakers (wires are run under the seats and up through the doors)
-Oxygen Free 4 guadge wire with an 80 amp fuse running down the driver side of the car.
-1 ferret cap mounted next to the amp
-1ft of oxygen free 4 guadge wire running to a trunk bolt on the driver side closer to the back of the rear seat (all the paint and stuff is sanded away around the bolt)

I taped up all the RCA connections where they connect to the head unit. All the battery other spare wires are taped up and the connections from the battery, remote wire, and the Accessory wires are soddred and taped. the power wire for the antenna is attached to the power antenna wire coing from the head unit.

I really don't know where i went wrong. this is the only car i have ever had a problem with putting a system in.

Any ideas are welcome.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re:

Is your power cable ran on the same side as your rca cable. If it is Try moveing your rca cable to the other side the car.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

nope powern cable is along the driver side door the rca's are down the middle on the passager side
Old 04-24-2006, 08:17 AM

Default anytime you wire a ferret to twelve volts they whine like the devil .....

ferret = wheasel Farad = unit of capacitance

what you have is probably a ground loop in the system. if you have used your factory speaker wires to the rear door speakers try rewiring. if that doesn't help then either keep going over every connection in the car until you find it (every bit as frustating as it sounds like it is) or add a ground loop isolator (about $25 per) to each of the amp out connections at the radio sound quality may suffer slightly but not near as bad as alternator whine good luck let me know
Old 04-24-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Does the noise continue when the amps are off?

Pull the amp fuse if need be to see.

If so, it's the coils in the passive xovers picking up noise from a harness or power wire. Move them around to test. Relocate them if that's it.