Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I'm car audio retarded

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I'm car audio retarded

I was planning on tackling the audio problem in my RS4 the only way I know how. By throwing money at it and ending up disappointed. But, then I stumbled across this section of Audi World and Car Audio Forums/etc. I figured I should ask some questions before I deposit my money into the round file.

I plan on spending about $7000 on the system and would like to know how you guys would spend it.

My only requirements are that:
a. I keep the stock navi/HU
b. No panels in the car are modified(ish)
c. I still have trunk space
Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Start with a great line level converter and sound processor

Seems like everybody's new favorite is the "Audison BitOne".

Your selection of amplifiers and speakers is really up to personal preference. Everybody in this forum has their favorites, and will swear to you that one speaker is better than the other. I would recommend talking to several shops and listening to their advice. Do your homework on the gear they suggest, and let us know what you end up doing.

What area are you in? Maybe I can suggest a couple good shops to talk to.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Start with a great line level converter and sound processor

I'm in Afghanistan at the moment, but the Pacific Palisades, Ca is where I call home. I plan on taking the car to Sounds Good Stereo in Woodland Hills, Ca for the install once I get back to LA. I'm thinking of going the Morel route for speakers and subs. As for the amps and such......???? I just don't know enough about them to make a decision.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Excellent choice on the Morels, but I wouldn't spend the extra money for their subs..

..JL Audio can be had for 1/3 of the price, and will give you plenty of "sound quality" bass.

The Elate line for the Morels is what I would run with for all the midbass/midrange and tweeter speakers.

Sounds Good stereo has a pretty decent rep.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Excellent choice on the Morels, but I wouldn't spend the extra money for their subs..

What other shops would you recommend besides Sounds Good Stereo?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default you may want to consider the Alpine PDX series amps, they are pretty compact.....

and get good reviews. I intend on using a 4.150 in my TT if I can finish up some other projects. I have similar goals to yours (all stealth, retain OEM headunit and cargo space), however I am placing subs in the rear speaker locations and plan on just running a pair of good components (BNIB old school MBQ's, I used to be in the business -- crazy what one has in the attic!) another option for the processor would be something from Audiocontrol. good stuff, and not too pricey. Also, your RNS-E has line level outputs that you should be able to feed directly to the processor, which should result in better SQ v. a line level converter and then to a processor.