Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink Question

I live in a gated community that uses keycards to open the entrance gates at night. They've also got remotes that operate the gates. I tried to program the remote into my Homelink visor, but I haven't had any success yet.

I just picked up the car last week, so Homelink has never been used before. I cleared the memory, per the instructions in the owners manual by pressing and holding buttons 1 and 3 until the indicator light began to flash rapidly (about 20 seconds).

I then tried to program button 1 for the gate remote. I pressed and held down button 1 along with the button on the gate remote, holding the remote about two inches away from the front of the homelink panel. According to the instructions the light will blink slowly when it is learning the code and once it is finished it will blink rapidly. I must have held the buttons for a good 60 seconds or more on both the remote and the Homelink and eventually the Homelink light stopped flashing. I tried the Homelink button later on and sure enough it hadn't learned the gate remote's code.

Some details, the gate system is made by Door King and the remotes aren't typical garage door sized remotes. They're small units that are key chain sized. Does anyone have any experience with Door King gate systems and programing the Homelink visor to work with them? I don't think I did anything wrong when attempting to program the Homelink visor so I'm guessing that the frequency ranges aren't compatible between the Homelink system and the remotes used for the gate in my community.

Anyone know anything more?
Old 08-21-2001, 01:12 PM

Default I've got the same problem. Apartment complex, same key as described and ...

... I haven't been successful yet. I already gave up.
Anyone?
Old 08-25-2001, 12:42 PM

Default It takes a little while, but it will work...

Clear the memory again and start from the beginning. For some reason it does take longer to program the gate remote, but it will work. Hold button 1 like you said and then press the button on the remote. Hold it very close and keep moving it around (rotating the remote slowly in your hand so all 4 sides are as close to your visor as possible). If it doesn't take after 10-15 seconds release and re-press the button on the remote and continue to move the remote around. It will work.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Homelink Question

Also, check the section at Homelink regarding "rolling code" receivers.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:27 AM

Default Wallaaaaa - I just did mine the other day! Thanks to skrolls's instr-s, it worked...

Clear the codes first by pressing 1 and 3 simultaneously.
Then press 1 (or desired number) and hold it while you rotate and keep the remote close to the homelink, an inch or so. I got mine done in like less than a minute. Works great! Good luck.
Old 08-31-2001, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default On a community gate? Cool!

Who made yours? I'll try it again!