Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I debosed my stock system but there's now music coming out of the 'hands-free' speaker...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I debosed my stock system but there's now music coming out of the 'hands-free' speaker...

I have an 01 S4 and after doing the debose (to 00003) to a system with a changer but no NAV or cell phone, there is now music that comes out of the little speaker on the driver side door. Anyone know if it is due to the debosing? It seems like that is the obvious cause. Will I have to rebose or simply try a different debose code. I used someone else's vag tool so I can't easily experiment... Thanks!
Old 01-04-2003, 09:25 AM

Default I wonder if 00203 would be a better code?

I don't use my rear speakers and this code allows for the one passive speaker up front (the hands-free one?)...
Old 01-05-2003, 11:44 AM

Default HU codes....

Hi S4....

I'm not sure what you mean by "debosed"? Did you actually replace the amp and speakers?, or just "turn off BOSE" on the HU. Enabling or disabling BOSE simply changes the EQ of the output.

To decode the software coding...

1=Country, but is always 0
2=Sound matching, but appears to be always 0 as well.
3=...
0=No passive loudspeakers (BOSE)
1=One Passive loudspeaker front left. (BOSE with a phone)
2=Two passive front speakers and 2 active rear speakers.
5=Two passive front speakers and no active rear speakers.

4=...
0 is standard
1 is BOSE.

5=...
1=Antenna Only
3=Antenna and CD Changer
5=Antenna and secondary display
7 Antenna, CD Changer and Secondary display.

The 3 part you have is interesting. Do you still have the stock head unit? If so, does the display between your tach and speedometer still work? If so, it must be using CANBus.

Not quite clear what you were trying to do.
On most BOSE cars, the "line outs" of the HU feed the amp, then the amp feeds the speakers. The "speaker out" is only used for the hands free unit.
If you are just trying to run the "other" EQ, then I suspect you want 00103. This will still use the BOSE amp. Really the only thing that you should have changed is the 4th digit from 1 to 0.

Not sure why you want to do that though...

Later!

LOOR
Old 01-05-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: HU codes....

Thanks for the info. I actually had that breakdown of the digits printed out. I still have the stock HU and stock rear door speakers (but I will be disconnecteing the rear door speakers soon because they simply have too much hissing). I wanted to remove the Bose filtering that limits the low and high end, which the 00003 code does do. Somehow the cell phone speaker got activated though.

I chose 00003 because I have only the antenna and CD changer. I thought 5 and 7 were for those with the NAV system? The display still works for me between the speedo/tacho meters. I wonder if it's digit 3 that is causing the problem. Oh well, it's time for me buy my own Vag tool anyways, thanks for your help!
Old 01-06-2003, 09:25 PM

Default Re: HU codes....

a4...

I have a 2000 A4 and there were still using the enable/data/clock lines to run the dash display. Somewhere between my car and yours they must have started using the CANBus to drive the radio display in the dash. If it works, it works!

I'm not really sure why that phone speaker is working. You would think 0 in bit three would mean "only BOSE", so it should be off. Perhaps it's expecting no speaker connected. You might try 00103. That should leave the EQ the way you want (bit 4 BOSE off), but should put the speakers back to a "normal" BOSE setup.

Good Luck!

LOOR