Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know.....no ads......but I have a very unique, among the most rare of items in car audio for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know.....no ads......but I have a very unique, among the most rare of items in car audio for sale.

Anyone here interested, or know someone that is interested in buying a new, unused, still-in-the-box Pioneer Premeir Optical Digital Reference (ODR) system? The components that I have are as follows:

RS-D2 Det Face CD Tuner/SystemController
Includes the wired/mounted or hand-held when removed from base remote control. Ret Price:$1500

RS-M1 12 Disk Changer. Ret Price:$700

RS-P1 31 Band Graphic EQ. Ret Price:$1000

RS-P50 15 Band Graphic EQ/Crossover RP:$1000
Note that these units are assigned addresses. So if the 31 band unit is used, the P50 functions only as a crossover. If no P1 unit is in the signal chain, the P50 operates as a 15 band graphic EQ and a crossover.
A note about the crossover: It will operate as either a 4-way unit (sub, midbass, midrange, high) or in the Natural Acoustic Control (NAC) mode, which provides high pass front and rear outputs, a sub output and a center channel output. If the 4 way network is selected, the P1 has an amplified center channel that can be utilized effectively, or converted to a low level signal for higher power applications. Also, when the P50 is used as a 4way network, it will function as a front crossover. You can buy another unit to cross over your rear speakers. Why you would want to is beyond me, but I'm just telling you.

RS-C100 System Controller RP:$250
This unit is a single DIN chassis, identical in size and cosmetics to the RS-D2 CD tuner. It duplicates all fuctions of the wired/wireless remote supplied with the D2.

I have by no means supplied all info that is noteworthy about the units. If you have questions, feel free to post here, as I won't be checking email over the long weekend. The current retail of these units is $4450. Add tax and you end up with around $4700. I'll take $4200 for them. I will entertain offers that are reasonable. Reasonable means don't email saying that you can buy one for $1500 right now. You can't, plain and simple, so don't waste my time with giving you an explanation. If you can, check for pry marks on the units, they are bound to have been damaged when stolen from the show car that they once inhabited! Thanks!
Old 09-01-2000, 05:19 AM
Foo
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default just some information.....

that is a good deal, and for those who dont know what that equipment is, in the competitive car audio world thats some SERIOUS equipment....
alas, im going a different route...
and not blowing my own horn, but SOME of us can still get that equipment really cheap... but you are correct 99% of the people offering you this stuff cheap have stolen it.
Anyone looking for a complete setup... this is something not to pass up.

Darren
`00 A4 Image Dyn/Xtant
former `91 Integra IASCA regional champ
Old 09-01-2000, 09:31 AM

Default If you can get it cheap, let me know what price, and..........

I'll send you several people willing to pay you 10-15% over your price, depending on what you call cheap. It has to be from a legit source (ie an ODR dealer), for warranty reasons, however.

By the way Darren, this isn't sarcasm. I know several folks who want an ODR system, but can't afford the going market price. And if anyone here wants one, and you can get it cheaper, I'd like to know too, since I don't want to rip anyone off. I couldn't get any info on the current prices, and Pioneer's people never got back to me about any dealers that I could contact. It took me three calls to them just to find someone who know what the system was. Truly sad, their ignorance.
Old 09-04-2000, 01:29 AM

Even if you can get them cheap, there probably wont be enough supply.