Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod not recognized MMI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ipod not recognized MMI

I have been driving my 2022 TT for about nine months and the MMI has always, from day one, recognized my iPod Touch as "Jerry's iPod ". The iPod is connected to the MMI using the USB port. The MMI showed all my playlists and really worked great. Until about a week ago! I did not knowingly do anything to any settings in the car or the iPod but the MMI no longer recognizes the iPod by name and simply calls it "Media Player". It no longer shows my playlists and only lets me scroll through the albums. It still plays the songs after scrolling through the list but this is not acceptable after working correctly for many months. I have over 200 albums and that is a lot of scrolling when you want to listen to one near the end of the list.
I have searched this forum but found nothing quite like my problem although one post mentioned resetting the MMI back to "factory" settings to clear files previously loaded. I tried resetting to "factory" but that did not solve the problem. Perhaps I did not reset the correct item.
I do not have a clue why the MMI no longer recognizes my iPod as an iPod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I know it can be a pain to do, but try to back up all the songs from iPod and restore it in iTunes.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

randomjoe, thanks for your idea. I keep my iTunes files on my PC and had synced the iPod and PC before my original post. That did not help. I also tested my iPod in my wife's Mercedes and the play lists were there. I also tested my wife's iPod in my TT and sure enough I did not see her playlists. This indicated to me that the problem was not the iPod.
Lo and behold the problem was the DRIVER, i.e. me. The issue is totally with me. Usually I pay close attention to user / owner guides but in this case the system worked for nine months and I did not think to review the manual in greater detail.
So, in this version of the MMI (at least in my TT) you get to the playlists, favorites and several more groupings by pushing the large control wheel (in the center console) forward. Then press the "left control" button on the steering wheel.
Problem solved. Read the manual.