Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Sirius OEM box, have a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just installed Sirius OEM box, have a question

I just installed the OEM Sirius box into my 06, A4! Works great, but seems to already be activated. It came from a dealer. It looks like the channels all work. I read somewhere that there some had 3 month free trials included. Do you think this is the case, right out of the box? I'd hate to call sirius and activate and screw myself out of free months, anyone else have this experience???
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes, that is the case, as the OEM parts/receiver IDs sold to Audi are ....

pre authorized for the 3 months trial. Because you bought it from an Audi Dealer, there is no reason the trial will be cut off if you call and register the receiver/tuner ID to your name/account before the trial times out. You can get a lifetime subscription for a single up front fee also. In any case, whatever plan you choose, will be extended by the trial period.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:54 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you purchase, if you ask the'll tack it onto the 3 free months.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just installed Sirius OEM box, have a question

BUT...
The sirius box in my '04 A4 is still going great with no activation after all this time!
Don't rock the boat, subscribe when you need to!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Mine was cut off before one month - so I switched to XM

I wanted better programming and better performance.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am considering switching to XM also, Sirius is really getting on my nerves lately...

Several channels that I usually listen to have gone down the tubes over the last couple of years. One thing that ABSOLUTLEY provokes my ire, is the DJs cutting off songs just so they can flap their lips about something, just like they do on commercial broadcast radio stations. It's super annoying when enjoying a favorite tune, to have the track suddenly cut off so the DJ can spew crap. I pay plenty for the "commercial free" programming, I don't pay to listen to DJs flap their lips about BS. It seems like the DJs running the show, specifically try to make the programming sound as much like commercial broadcast radio as possible. Does not do good to **** off the paying subscriber several time an hour. Sirius is also spending millions on crap programming that I have NO use for like NASCAR, among others, I can't fathom that is really popular, I don't know anyone who is interested in that coverage.

I email complaints frequently, yet despite the assured concern and interest in feedback from the subscriber base, the programming continues to suck more all the time.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Playlists were just not my style. DJ on XM add value to the songs. - especially The Loft

where they add info about the artist and the tracks or talk about upcoming interviews etc. But that seems specific to the Loft. Some times I like the interruption of music so they must keep it minimal on XM.

Also Sirius dropped Bob Brinker - the financial guy who made me tons of money