Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost Audi A6 2010 Key, took it to dealership, now has electrical issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Audi A6 2010 Key, took it to dealership, now has electrical issue?

Hey guys! I hope everybody’s having a great break and a happy holidays. So as the title says, I lost my keys for me Audi A6 2010 3.0 car. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get the car towed (stuff I had to deal with) to the nearest Audi dealership. They ordered a new key that matches the Vin and all was supposed to go well…it didn’t. 2 days later, I received a call about the cars engine ecu not turning on when the key is in the ignition but the key is turning the outside door open and closed. They suspect that the key is correct but it’s an electrical issue and would like to do a complete wire checkup around by engine for about $1000! I was wondering if anybody's had ANY issue similar to this or what exactly I should do? Should I ask them to make sure the key is correct? Mind you they’ve already done 2 hours worth of checks which they concluded nothing was wrong.

thanks everybody!
Old 02-04-2022, 07:37 PM
TRZ
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Fix

Originally Posted by Kingofapace
Hey guys! I hope everybody’s having a great break and a happy holidays. So as the title says, I lost my keys for me Audi A6 2010 3.0 car. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get the car towed (stuff I had to deal with) to the nearest Audi dealership. They ordered a new key that matches the Vin and all was supposed to go well…it didn’t. 2 days later, I received a call about the cars engine ecu not turning on when the key is in the ignition but the key is turning the outside door open and closed. They suspect that the key is correct but it’s an electrical issue and would like to do a complete wire checkup around by engine for about $1000! I was wondering if anybody's had ANY issue similar to this or what exactly I should do? Should I ask them to make sure the key is correct? Mind you they’ve already done 2 hours worth of checks which they concluded nothing was wrong.

thanks everybody!
Try changing the battery in the keyfob. Make sure it is not a battery that has the coating on it to prevent kids from swallowing it. The Duracell batteries that I got from Costco have this coating and they did not work consistently. I changed it to an Eveready w/o a coating and the key fob has been fully functional since then.. Apple issued a warning that these coated batteries may cause problems in some of their products.

Best of luck

TRZ