Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music Interface Software Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music Interface Software Updates

January 22 Audi World "Latest News" announces software updates to the Audi music interface on the German Audi site: www.audi.de/mp3. For those of us that aren't fluent in German this doesn't really work for us. Also, would the software download work on a non-German specific Audi? Anyone know where the English version of these software update downloads would be located?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I was wondering if there were any benefits - but yes they need a English version?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
bal

Default Re: Music Interface Software Updates

I ran it through Babelfish and it looks like you need to be on MMI version 4220 and that the update is via USB, so you'd need the AMI USB cable (which I don't have - just the iPod one). I couldn't actually see any list of changes. Here's the Babelfish translation:

Update for AUDI music the interface
Bringing in software updates over the US B interface of the AUDI music interfaces is supported starting from the software-Version 42.2.0. Users of a lower version turn please to an AUDI partner. For reading off the version conditions you press the key "Setup" and afterwards the soft key "Settings please from the MMI."
In the first line on the MMI screen now the software-Version can be read off, e.g.. "SW: D3-HU 42.2.0". Here the number must be larger or alike 42.2.0.

Please you reread before the update whether your Mediaplayer and/or storage medium for the use with the AUDI was released music interfaces:
> Examined Mediaplayer/storage media for AUDI Q7, A6, A8 as well as (with navigation system) A4 and A5 (67 KB)

Please you consider the installation guidance at the time of the execution of the update. It is contained in the Download for the update and can be downloaded also separately.
> Download update AUDI music interfaces
&gt; Download installation guidance - pdf (272 KB)<ul><li><a href="http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/technologie/elektronik/weitere_modelle/radio_audio/mp3/audi_music_interface/software-update.html">http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/technologie/elektronik/weitere_modelle/radio_audio/mp3/
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks for the translation

I will have to check my version and decide if it is worth buying the USB adapter.