Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation System

I previously had 2007 BMW, great navigation system. I now have 2016 Audi A4, navigation actually SUCKS. It won't find towns..it couldn't find Laguardia Airport, like it didn't exist.. Went back to dealership 3 times ( the solution is to use my phone)..Absolutely ridiculous. . I would never buy, lease, rent or even borrow another Audi. I'm 50 years old, I've owed probably 15-18 different makes and models. Worst customer service, they smile as they screw you.. I would love to have my 2007 BMW back over 2016 Audi. I'm at place in my life financially where every 3-4 years I will have a brand new car. It will NEVER be an Audi again. What car company installs a Navigation System that can't find addresses? AUDI DOES.....
Old 05-06-2017, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Perhaps instead of ranting as your very first post, you could provide the exact steps that you took and let somebody with more experience help you. The nav in these cars works very well. Not finding towns and addresses is not something I've ever experienced. If you opt for the optional Audi connect, you can even look up addresses on Google Maps or your phone and send it directly to the car, or do a Google search directly from the car. For example your Laguardia example you could accomplish with a simple voice command: "Google search Laguardia Airport". Entering addresses can also be done via voice command. The command is "Enter Address" and then speak the full address as in 1 2 3 4 Some Street, Some Town, New York.

If it doesn't recognize addresses then you are either doing something wrong, or there is something broken. Did you bother to read the owner's manual? There are also a bunch of tutorial video's on Audi's website.

https://www.audiusa.com/help/video-t...eTutorial/all/

Last edited by superswiss; 05-06-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Tried everything

I watched the tutorials and read the owners manual prior to going back to dealership 3 times. 2 days ago while in car, I pressed NAV button,then ADDRESS icon, scrolled up to CITY/ZIP CODE line and pressed, I carefully spelled the town BALDWIN, navigation gave 6 other variations(township, park) but not the correct one. I tried points of interest ( vicinity, destination, find entry) all to no avail. On my visits to the dealership, they too were unable to successfully bring up the addresses I previously tried. They were able to find Laguardia Airport after 15 minutes of trying as well as 15 steps to get there. The Audi Dealership employees on all 3 visits recommended to just use my phone instead of the Navigation. I said that was ridulous, I should not have to use nor purchase anything additionally to get something I paid for to work properly. 2 weeks ago it said NO RESULTS HAVE BEEN FOUND for Home Depot, which is 1/2 mile from current location and there are 19 more within 50 minute drive.. So it's a really TERRIBLE system, the employees can't even get it to work. So far according to the Audi Navigation System there are 9 towns that do not exist in New York. I know typing the name of a town to a space that asks for ( name of town) should be simple but Audi sucks. I did not rant in prior statement, I simply stated the facts. All the Audi employees i dealt with, think it sucks as well. 2007 BMW Nav System was at least 8 years older and one hundred times better. Over 18 months approximately 20 friends played around with Navigation System in my car and it convinced them to purchase other vehicles.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Tried everything

I watched the tutorials and read the owners manual prior to going back to dealership 3 times. 2 days ago while in car, I pressed NAV button,then ADDRESS icon, scrolled up to CITY/ZIP CODE line and pressed, I carefully spelled the town BALDWIN, navigation gave 6 other variations(township, park) but not the correct one. I tried points of interest ( vicinity, destination, find entry) all to no avail. On my visits to the dealership, they too were unable to successfully bring up the addresses I previously tried. They were able to find Laguardia Airport after 15 minutes of trying as well as 15 steps to get there. The Audi Dealership employees on all 3 visits recommended to just use my phone instead of the Navigation. I said that was ridulous, I should not have to use nor purchase anything additionally to get something I paid for to work properly. 2 weeks ago it said NO RESULTS HAVE BEEN FOUND for Home Depot, which is 1/2 mile from current location and there are 19 more within 50 minute drive.. So it's a really TERRIBLE system, the employees can't even get it to work. So far according to the Audi Navigation System there are 9 towns that do not exist in New York. I know typing the name of a town to a space that asks for ( name of town) should be simple but Audi sucks. I did not rant in prior statement, I simply stated the facts. All the Audi employees i dealt with, think it sucks as well. 2007 BMW Nav System was at least 8 years older and one hundred times better. Over 18 months approximately 20 friends played around with Navigation System in my car and it convinced them to purchase other vehicles.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Something must be wrong with your system and/or your dealer is completely incompetent. FWIW I'm in California and it took me less than 30 seconds to find both Baldwin, NY and LaGuardia Airport.
Attached Thumbnails Navigation System-20170507_163504149_ios.jpg   Navigation System-20170507_163608404_ios.jpg   Navigation System-20170507_163815191_ios.jpg  

Last edited by superswiss; 05-07-2017 at 09:33 AM.