Sponsored by:

No Fader option!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Fader option!!

Hello all,
I just recently bought a 2007 Audi A4 which is my first Audi car ever and I love it! The car is wonderful! I am already thinking about replacing it in 2 or 3 years with another Audi, hopefully the A5 if I can afford it then.
Here’s my question: The car came with the Audi Symphony internal 6 CD Changer (no external changer or satellite) but when I access the “tone” button there is no option to control the fader!! It displays just Treble, Midrange, Bass and balance. Anyone knows if this is a programming issue or if it is just the way this radio is? I’ve seen pictures of the same radio and it does have a fader option plus the manual states that it does have it. Please help!!
Also does anyone knows if this radio has any hidden EQ settings like the older models have where one can fine tune each speakers EQ?
Thanks a lot!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is this a Bose system?

Are the rear speakers playing?

In non-Bose systems, the front speakers are powered by the deck, and the rear speakers are powered by an amp. I don't think the amp is on the CAN bus, but if it is, and there was a problem, maybe the fader isn't offered?

in Bose systems, all speaks are powered by the Bose amp.

That's a tough one.

I upgraded my ar from Symphony to Symphony II with the 6-disc, and I had a fader - I know because it was faded all the way forward.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can say u buyin this would b like burning ur money. Spend the money on a quality cd player the first time and u wont have to buy another one when that one craps out. Look at a reputable brand like Alpine, Pioneer, Ecclipse, maybe Kenwood if u like them. But DO NOT cheap out becaue of price. If u dotn want to spend alot of money then atleast dont spend alot of money on a decent brand . Hope this helps
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VP Electricity
Is this a Bose system?

Are the rear speakers playing?

In non-Bose systems, the front speakers are powered by the deck, and the rear speakers are powered by an amp. I don't think the amp is on the CAN bus, but if it is, and there was a problem, maybe the fader isn't offered?

in Bose systems, all speaks are powered by the Bose amp.

That's a tough one.

I upgraded my ar from Symphony to Symphony II with the 6-disc, and I had a fader - I know because it was faded all the way forward.
Hey VP, my radio is Symphony II+ radio, non-bose, non-navi, in-dash cd changer. My problem is that apparently that radio was replaced and it was not coded at all (vagcom showed 0000000 as the softcode and gave me a “radio not coded” error) and there is no FADER option on the TONE menu. I was able to enter a new code I found on some forum but I only got the radio to access the AUX/CDChanger option (which it would not do before) but still no FADER option. If you have access to Vagcom I'd really appreciate it if you could retrieve the code form your radio and kindly provide it to me. I’ve looked in OBD.org website, posts, etc but I can’t get the right setting.
Please help!!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't have the car nor the VAG COM any more, so I can't help you there. Have to find someone local to read the settings from.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You might find a answer here: http://audiforum.us/knowledge-base/ though they are more aimed at the nav units there are some very knowledgeable people there.

Also some more info here: http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/radios.html

Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was finally able to fix the issue. I needed to code the radio with the codes found on Ross Tech for the GEN II+ and that was it!! As future reference, the setting that activates/deactivates the fader option is the "Digital sound system" one...if it is not selected then no fader option shows up...(I don't know what the hell does that setting do but it allowed the fader to appear, I don't even know if my sound system is supposed to be "digital" or not)..