Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to my amp...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to my amp...

So I finally got around to testing my install tonight and my amp doesn't power up. Possible solutions: A) power wire isn't connected correctly...I highly doubt this is it B) amp isn't grounded properly...I have a pretty solid ground and even if it's not ideal it's definitely good enough to let the amp power up C) the amp isn't getting a remote power signal...I spliced into the Bose amp remote power lead (white wire) but maybe it doesn't supply enough current to trigger my amp (Precision Power PC4100). It was dark and I don't have any kind of electrical tested so I didn't trouble shoot tonight. I'll probably run a temp remote wire from the main power line to see if that does the trick...if not I guess I'll go to Radio Shack and pick up a tested to see if I have current in the main line. Only other thing I can thinkof is that my circuit breaker is shot but I couldn't imagine why.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:40 PM

Default I would guess the remote turn on wire.

maybe it would be best to run one from the head unit? or you could get a tester like you said and test the ones back by the sub.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What are my other options other than running a new wire?

I already put the car mostly back together and I wouldn't think a new wire from the stock deck would be any better than the factory wire. ANy switched power in the trunk I can tap? or some way to boost the factory remote lead to provide enough current?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:31 AM

Default if the remote lead is working, it should be fine

you might have just tapped the wrong one? you coulld probably do any "ignition" wire back there (one that's hot when the car is on" but your amp might get mad if you drive around with no stereo often?
Old 07-17-2003, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: if the remote lead is working, it should be fine

I remember seeing something online saying that the factory remote lead might not carry enough current for after market amps to kick on. I'm picking up a multi-tester tomorrow and will make sure I have all the right connections.