Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging stadtjunge: Tell me about the Audison BitOne.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Q
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates to this?
Old 04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmm... well, the bitOne version 1.0 was not so hot - don't buy any used.

V1.1 - the BitOne.1 as it says on the box - works much better.

I've benched one and it definitely has more features than any other OEM interface device out there today. However, it's the opposite of cheap, and if you aren't going to use that many of the features, you should really make certain it's what you need - ESPECIALLY those of you with B5/B6/B7 A4/S4, C5 A6/S6/ar, A5 A3, or the last non-MOST A8/S8 (D3? I forget).

The biggest feature for newer Audi owners - and I haven't tested this yet, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO if any Pacific NW Audi owners would like to do so as well - is evaluate the Mobrdige optical gateway Toslink output and the Audison Toslink input.

Those are supposed to work together and give you OEM volume control. This would obviate all the analog attenuation and summing and re-de-eq-ing, and give you a digital signal, which is then equalized, time-corrected, and crossover filtered in the DIGITAL domain before any D/A conversion takes place - and then is output analog to your amplifiers.

The DRC is not required, although having presets is nice, especially if you want to have driver-optimized and front-two-seat-optimized settings. It has a nice feel to it and it pretty flexible to mount.

If you're not doing the MOST-Toslink digital trick, you can use it to sum the channels of the MOST amp's outputs... but I'd prefer to find another way.

I'm not a huge fan of 30-band graphic EQs... I prefer the 10-band parametric in the Zapco DSP stuff. But they work.

It has a dedicated phone speaker input for adding Bluetooth devices, which is cool if you don't have one from the factory - but again, if you have one of the cars listed above, I know you have those pins on your HU too...

If you have a netbook, you should either use an external monitor for the SW, or change your resolution, since it wont' work on my ASUS Eee's 1024x600 without cropping off part of the pane, and it doesn't support a scroll bar either.

So, good gear, sometimes can be used to great advantage, not cheap, best implementation includes Mobridge DA1000 (also not cheap).