Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with rear speakers! very weird!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with rear speakers! very weird!

Hi Guys, first let me give you some detail of what Audi A6 I have.
I got a 1998 Audi A6 Sedan Quattro. 2.8L 30V V6 Engine. With original Cassatte Tape Player with non-bose system. I only have speakers/tweeter on the both front and rear doors, but I don't think the rear deck.

Recently, I am sick of the Cassatte Player, so I changed to a Sony MP3/CD player. MD8100X. I rewired the cables in the console to my sony player. I also replaced the rear both door speaker with Sony 4 way speakers. but now, when I play, not all the time, but I believe when the sound is different for right and left (stereo), rear speakers make like (plar..plar...sound) sound like blown speakers. but they are brand new. Also even with my old tape player originally. rear speaker is making that noise already. It only happen when I turn the volume to a certain level.. not too loud..but like volume 3 out of 10. Funniest thing is, when I change the balance on my CD player to only left or right completely, it trigger this loud noise eaiser (like 2 out of 10 volume) and both speakers at the rear has the noise(including tweeter also) even I only put the balance to only right or left. Any help?
I think maybe is the amplifer is bad? I didn't rewire the audio cable from HU to the rear speakers, I try not to go into too much trouble. if it is the amp, I rather just remove it. But I cannot find it. not at the rear door. I looked at every spot of both rear door. And it's not on the stock speaker. Any one know where is the amp? and what caused the noise?

Also, when there is no plar plar sound, the sound is perfect. .. not static, no nosie.. the bass is good, and everything.. just somehow, it will have those PLAR...PLAR.. sound. very weird!

Sorry for the really long post!
Thanks all. appreciated the help!
Hope to get this fixed soon!
Gil
Old 01-15-2006, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default How did you wire the rear signal from new HU to the Audi amp?

You either have to use a line out converter on the rear speaker outs or an adapter which will allow you to plug the rear RCA's from the new HU into the Audi loom.
What you should really do is rewire the new HU rear speaker outs directly to the rear speakers as the Audi rear amp is pathetic and you'll have more power & quality on board the HU than the puny Audi amp, so the amp is compromising the sound and introducing unnecessary distortion as well as giving you the headache you have at the moment.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: How did you wire the rear signal from new HU to the Audi amp?

Hi, THanks for the reply Mac.
I just test the wires behind the HU. and found one + and - for the left rear, and one + and - for the right rear. and wire them up.

The reason I don't want to rewire a direct new audio cable from HU to rear speaker, because I have to bascially take off half the interior trims right? it's very painful and I try to avoid that.

Can you tell me where the stock amp is located?
I have not bose.

THanks in advancd guys!
Gil