Sponsored by:

Radio sound cuts off when moving forward

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio sound cuts off when moving forward

Have a Q5 2.0t.

Would a uncleared speaker fault cause this to happen? I just replaced the speakers recently. When the car is stopped the radio works perfectly. Even with loud volume. Radio still works while backing up but the moment you start moving forward and speed goes higher than 5mph, the sound just cuts off. Sound comes back up when you get a call via bluetooth and you can hear the caller on the speakers. Or, just turning off and on the radio it brings it back up and you can hear the radio.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drixtab
Have a Q5 2.0t.

Would a uncleared speaker fault cause this to happen? I just replaced the speakers recently. When the car is stopped the radio works perfectly. Even with loud volume. Radio still works while backing up but the moment you start moving forward and speed goes higher than 5mph, the sound just cuts off. Sound comes back up when you get a call via bluetooth and you can hear the caller on the speakers. Or, just turning off and on the radio it brings it back up and you can hear the radio.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
I figured it out. It seems that the amp cuts off the sound when at least one of the speaker leads is either open or shorted. I had to totally bypass the amp. In this case, I clipped off all the leads and installed delphi automotive connectors on both ends so I can still swap in the amp if ever I sell the car.