Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Symphony and Nokia tel carkit CARK126 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Symphony and Nokia tel carkit CARK126 problems

I am having some problems with the Nokia carkit CARK126 that was just installed in my allroad:
1. Bad sound on other side of the line (bad microphone?)
2. Battery of telephone keeps charging after ignition switched off (wrong connection?)
3. No radio mute. Installer first said Radio Symphony does not have connection for this. When I expressed doubt they added that they were afraid to destroy the multifunctional steering wheel controls.
4. Telephone display goes blank after some time (???)

Has anyone experience with this type of carkit, radio mute connection etc.??
Old 09-29-2003, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Radio Symphony and Nokia tel carkit CARK126 problems

Hi,
My situation here is : same car (almost since mine is tip) but other phone, so I did not reply but after your second request I will share my experiences.
When I bought the car the dealer installed my Panasonic carkit. The guy who installed it, told me that he needed to have the original microphone because other types could cause problems.
Second he told me that is was posible to connect the phone output to the Symphony system, then the phone sound will come out of the radio speaker(s) using the Symphony's amplifiers You can choose (adjust) to left or left + right IIRC.
To achieve this the phone-mute from the carkit must must be connected. As soon as the muting is active the speakers are connected to the phone output and the radio shows "Phone"
So far it works very good. I only had to get used to the fact that no sound is heard when I press a phone key (e.g. when dialling a number). Because the phone is only muted during a call or during ringing time.
The phone is only charged when ignition is switched on.
Steering wheel controls do work as I expect. Only Phone volume can not be adjusted during a call but that is as I thought the manual describes.
So it looks that your installer is not doing things as expected I.M.H.O.

Hope it helps!
-ReWa-