Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-doing the A/V in my B5 A4 ('01)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-doing the A/V in my B5 A4 ('01)

Well, I purchased my car and both the cd player and 6-disc change broke and since I need navigation anyways, I purchased a Pioneer Avic X930BT unit for my car. I've googled for a radio surround/bezel that will work with this car and head unit, but I can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Also, I was given an Alpine Type-X 12" sub and need to find an amp for it. I was hoping to go with an Alpine PDX amp to go with it, but I don't know what power rating to go for. I don't want to blow out my sub, but I want to get what I can out of it. I know there are other great amps out there, but I've had great results with the PDX and they are built like tanks. The sub is rated for 1000w RMS @ 4 + 4 ohms (as it has two coils) and has peak power rating of 3000w.

Another thing is a sub box that is completely sealed, but isn't so big that I can't fold down my rear seats to load up snowboards n' stuff. I found some boxes that go into where the 6-cd change fits, but they were on some other forum and the guy isn't responding to PMs. I know vented boxes have more "thump" potential, but I'm looking for precision here.

I dunno how important this is, but the guy I bought my car from told me the car has the stock Bose system, but I don't see Bose anywhere. I disregarded it since I was planning on upgrading all of it anyways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I only have minor experience with wiring up systems.