Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear deck speaker decision help-

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear deck speaker decision help-

Go with some coaxials, or dedicated midbass drivers? I have Mb Quart comps (5.25s)for the front doors and was wondering which to use for the rear deck. Coaxials for rear fill, or midbass drivers crossed-over to help fill in the low end between the door speakers and the subwoofer?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 PM

Default I'd prefer the dip in midbass response to pulling the stage aft...

What car are you in?

We used to go for the freq response curve all the time. Now I am far more concerned with the front stage and stereo image than I am the response curve. Most listening rooms yield response curves which are far from flat.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default '01 A4 sedan

I totally understand your preference for front stage prescence and I agree with you. You don't sit at a concert backwards. I even usually have my fader set a little towards the front. I was thinking to keep the midbass crossedover fairly low, so as not to pull too much from the fronts since bass freqs. are supposed to be relatively non-directional and the highs set the stage.

Then again, if I don't do any rears at all, I'll just bridge my 4ch (Alpine)into two for the fronts y-cabled from the front HU preouts and use the rear HU preouts for the sub amp. Otherwise if I kept the 4ch as is, front and rear outs from the HU to it and it has preouts on it that I would use to goto the sub amp.

BTW, aren't you supposed to be on vacation? Go out and have some fun and get away from the computer a bit. unless this is your idea of vacation, which I'm totally cool with, since you are a valuable asset to this forum.
Thanks!