Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sd card readers: cards wont work...new Audi owner...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sd card readers: cards wont work...new Audi owner...HELP!

RSN-E; sd card reader problem for brand new owner. I am not a technology dumbass, however I cannot get the sd card reader to read either of my 2GB sd cards...one is a Lexar, one is a Kodak. I've made sure they are formatted with FAT32, I've even re-ripped my cds directly to Windows Media Center so I didn't have to worry about converting the itunes music. I then dragged the media center files and dropped them in to the sd file. The sd file shows all the new music while in the computer, but is not recognized by the car...it says "loading" the goes blank. So the card isn't nearly full (191 mb)and I made sure it wasn't an sdhc...still no music in the car from the sd! I even tried wiping the card and reformatting to FAT32...and I tried to just drag music directly from the itunes library and drop it onto the sd folder and it worked but was not recognized by the car. Help please
Old 09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

SD card reader only plays MP3 and Windows Media player files, if you dragged from I-Tunes maybe your files are AAC types...