AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so here it is...

my plans are almost done and i am starting to purchase components of the system

2 hertz mille 12s
sealed fiberglass box and amp rack
2 audison lrx 2.9 1x900watts to power the subs
hertz mille mlk 2 comps
audison amp for the comps(not sure which one yet)
kinetik khc2400 power cell

on the line about the pioneer avic z3, kenwood dnx8120, or azentek atlas cpc 1000

and all the supporting wiring, cables, dynamat,etc.

what do you think?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why 2 LRx 2.9s instead of 1 LRx 1.2 for the subs.

The 1.2 will give slightly more power in less space than 2 LRx 2.9s. The LRx 1.2 is Class D compared to Class AB like the LRx 2.9 but that's not really that important on a sub amp.

I looked into using a Kinetik battery for my car when I had my system in but I couldn't do it because the battery is too tall. It would have hit the underside of the hood if installed in the factory battery tray. You'll have to address that issue if you plan to use that battery. I eneded up with a Scosche ED1500 which is a rebadged Odyssey PC1500.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

could i use that amp even though the subs are 4ohm
Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just use the LRx5.1k

that's the one I've got. It'll give you 150rms for the mid bass drivers, 50rms (class A) to the tweeters, and 1200rms to the woofers. All in one beautiful modestly sized chassis. I think the amp retails for $1500. Make sure you get the Audison VCRA remote bass controller.

Where are you located? and where are you having the work done?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default i dont think 1200 for the subs is enough, they recommend.....

750rms for each sub. Being in a sealed enclosure i want close to 1000 for each sub.

i am located in northern nj and detailed sounds in caldwell, nj is doing the work. this will be a winter project being it will problary end up costing upwards of 8k when said and done. Problary more.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

whats comps/subs are you running?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You can wire your subs in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

It looks like the amp puts out over 2000W at 2 ohms. It even says its stable down to 1 ohm but I think you need to address heat at that point since Audison amps have been known to have problems at 1 ohm without proper cooling.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default While I agree with this recommendation, the class A thing is BS.

It might be a class A biased preamp or something of that sort but it is definitely not a class A amplifier section. A 50W pure class A amp would be about half the size of the car. The produce tons of heat and need enormous heatsinks to dissipate it.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You should have the shop demo those subs for you off an amp that will give it 600W each.

2-12s in a car is already overkill. 2-12s with 600W will probably be running at minimum gain to get it to sound good unless you plan on just thumping around the block all day long.

$8k is a lot of dough to be spending. I would think for that kind of money the shop would be helping you with some of these decisions. Is there a lot of custom work involved? I'm not bashing because you're spending $8k because my system costs me over $9k but it included a lot of custom work and there was constant dialogue between me and the installer about what my goals were and I was constantly giving feedback during the whole installation process. When your spending that kind of money, it's important that you and the installer have good communication because I'm sure you have high expectations of what you are getting. The last thing you want (and the installer if he's a good one) is too spend all that money and be disappointed.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default we do have very good communication. I am looking for a unbiased..

view from somebody that is not giving money nor recieving it. It takes something out of the equation and leaves more of a technical view on things. You know, i am not looking to spend as much money as a shop would want you to spend.

the two 12s are going into a truck at this point. Maybe that will change in a week or two as i decide what car i am switching to. I am laying down money to the shop now so that upon arrival of the new car
i will be ready to rock what ever the sub size will be. Obviously less if a car but i have my eyes set pretty hard on a trailblazer ss.

He has a camaro with 3 10 hertz milles. Mlk 2's all powered by audison. He is putting 2000 plus watts to the 10s in a sealed fiberglass enclosure. When he turned the remote bass **** up the thing hit insanely hard and was some of the tightest cleanest bass i have ever heard.

This is why i like your view. Now when he installs the system i can tell him to throw a audison with 1200 watts in to see if it sounds good. Hey maybe you just saved me 1k for another amp.. THANKS!!

And yes there is alot of custom work. Fiberglass box/amp rack. I am also getting him to do the center of the seats in dark red suede along with part of the door panels, headliner in black, and sub box in black and red suede.

he quoted me 1000 for the seats. Is this alot not having anything done before i dont know. All i know is the suede work in his car is perfect. It couldnt look closer to oem.

I am also blown away with the azentek cpc1000 head unit. It is amazing. check it out if you get the chance.

Quick Reply: so here it is...