Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subs in my a6

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs in my a6

I have a 00 2.7t and I'm putting aftermarket subs in it. I have the bose "system" (or lack there of) in the car now. It is obviously underpowered.
Heres my questions, I saw a post saying that there is a gromit behind the glovebox that is handy to slip the power wires through, Is this the only one / easiest to access? Also as far as tapping the signal I have a line converter (rca to 4 wires) That I will be using. Can I use the wires from the bose "subs" in my trunk compartment to get the signal? Also where would I access the wires on that unit, its hard to see how the unit is attached and how to pull it out.

Final question, has anyone had any experience running a power cable from the trunk to the engine bay themselves? How easily do the interior panels come up to hide the wires? Only reason i'm nervous is cuz lots of installers around me won't touch the audi's cuz they are too hard to take apart (obviously this is a good thing quality-wise but pesky now)

Let me know about your experiences.
p.s. the subs goin in are a pair of pioneer premier's. I have done alot of upgrades to her this week and will get pics up soon