Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thanks for all your guys help, but ive got one more question about my install

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for all your guys help, but ive got one more question about my install

alright i installed my new subs in my trunk in custom fiberglass boxes, but i think i did something wrong, because im not getting the bass that i did out of my old subs, im getting sounds like what you would get out of a normal speaker, voices and singing and stuff, instead of just a nice clean bass

oh and right now they are connected to my 4 channel amp, in the rear channel, in parallel wiring. but would i gain more bass by connecting them in a series wiring and then "bridge" them too the rear channel on my amp?

thanks again
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sounds like you switched off the low pass filter on the amp or have the Xover set too high

As to the wiring depends on the impedance of the subs and the capabilities of the amp.
Personally I wouldn't hang more than one sub off a 4ch amp if you're using the other 2 channels for the fronts.
Sounds like you are seriously lacking enough power to drive 2 subs off just 2 channels of a 4ch amp.
I'd run the 4ch amp just for the subs, each one bridged across 2 channels. You quadruple the available power when bridging an amp, so if it's a 4 x 75wrms amp, then you'd get something like 2 x 300wrms bridged. Don't know many 4ch amps that'll give you more than 4 x 75wrms, and you can't run any sort of sub off 75wrms.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Sounds like you switched off the low pass filter on the amp or have the Xover set too high

so, should i run all four speakers off of my reciever and run the subs off my amp?

but that again brings up the question of will i be able to hear them like i cant hear the rears now?

thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Default alright what should i have this set to?

8. REAR CHANNEL FILTER MODE SELECT SWITCH (MODE)
"HPF": Slide switch to this position if the amplifier is used as a mid/tweeter amplifier.
"OFF": Slide switch to this position if the amplifier is used as a full-range amplifier.
"LPF": Slide switch to this position if the amplifier is used as a subwoofer amplifier.
(this should be LPF,right?)

9. REAR CHANNEL HIGH-PASS / LOW-PASS FREQUENCY SELECTOR **** (FREQ)
Select high or low-pass crossover frequency between 30 to 300Hz.
(whats the best number to set this too?

10. REAR CHANNEL BASS BOOST CONTROL (BOOST)
Select a boost level between 0 dB and +18 dB to enhance the bass performance of your
sound system.

(what should this be set too?)

thanks again, i really appreciate it
Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes set to LPF and low pass filter should be around 80-90Hz

Bass boost - just play with it to see what sounds good.