Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who've modified the Bose system (or looked into it)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who've modified the Bose system (or looked into it)

Still unclear on some things after looking through the archives and years worth of reading here.. (I'm slow..) I know that I need new speakers and amps, but want to get this right before I start.

First of all, I think I'm going to have to do an upgrade, but I'd appreciate input from anyone who's just added an amp and sub to the Bose system, 'cause that's still a cheaper alternative.

On my '01 Bose, apparently different from the old bose that's in the archives a lot, there are either line outs or a way to connect them, thanks to the diagrams posted here. So I should be able to use one of the two amps I have from my A4 to run the sub, and the other to run the speakers. (right?)

Just need some new speakers, which thanks to MatthewK, are 5.25, 6, and 6.5 (front to back). Think I've got some decent replacements for the Bose speakers, so I don't need much advice on those.

Which of the Bose functions and controls will I lose, bass/treble controls, etc? And what's this about plugging your phone into the head unit?

Please tell me that I won't have to get a new head unit as in the A4/delta..that symphony unit just looks way too good in the dash. I think I can avoid that 'cuz of the outputs, right? I also have a panasonic changer thanks to the classifieds that should work, maybe without the random feature.

That's it, though, amps/speakers/sub/e.crossover?
Oh, and the MB Quart adapter rings.

TIA for your input.

Rich
'01 Nogaro