Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tried recoding my Symphony II head unit to Bose and I don't think it's changing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tried recoding my Symphony II head unit to Bose and I don't think it's changing...

My original code was 01005 so I changed it to 01015 changing the 4th digit from 0 to 1. The code has actually changed as I have verified this, but the head unit seems to function as it always has. The head unit does not say BOSE when starting up either. I'm thinking the codes aren't working for me. Anyone know what's up?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can check my Sym II coding if you like...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 AM

Default I would REALLY appreciate that. My plan is to just go ahead with the install thinking that maybe

it worked. I don't know what I'll do if I can't get it to work.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T-bone: you gonna post any pix? Any updates??
Old 12-04-2006, 04:39 PM

Default T-bone? Where did THAT come from?? =) Yes, but...

I had a really loooong rough time with the install. Having to run new wires for the mids and tweets in the front doors did me in. DAMN AUDI ENGINEERS!! It's no big deal now of course because I could walk right through it the SECOND time.

I'll post pics this weekend. The wiring job on the amps is a little embarrassing. I needed a few parts today and I'll clean it up during the week here. Just a little burnt out on the car right now.

BUT...I did a little tweaking and playing around with x-over points and amp gains. All I can say is WOW! This stereo is by far, hands down, absolutely the BEST sounding stereo I've had in any car. I'm LOVING it. It's sounds unbelievably accurate. I'm really liking the 10" Type-X sub as well. Sound quality, sound quality, sound quality! (Are you getting the point that I really like this setup?)

My friend gets his first ride in the car since the upgrade tomorrow on the ride to work. I showed him just how aweful the stock stereo was a couple of weeks ago. He *thought* the stock stereo sounded "really good" until I played a lot of music that he knows the way it should sound. He was astounded by how bad it was. I can't wait.

I'll post up something nice and when I do I'll brag you all up. It'll all be true. Thanks again for the harness.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T-bone is cooler than Terry. Plus, I love Seinfeld reruns.