Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are these connectors for behind my stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these connectors for behind my stereo?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what these are for? My 03 A6 has an aftermarket Alpine head the former owner had installed. I pulled it out today to add an aux-in cable, and found these just hanging out not plugged into anything. Do the RCA types go to an amp or sub? Should I plug them into the back of the head unit? I'm guessing the other two are for a CD changer and possibly steering wheel controls?

Thanks for any help.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gschwell
Can anyone enlighten me as to what these are for? My 03 A6 has an aftermarket Alpine head the former owner had installed. I pulled it out today to add an aux-in cable, and found these just hanging out not plugged into anything. Do the RCA types go to an amp or sub? Should I plug them into the back of the head unit? I'm guessing the other two are for a CD changer and possibly steering wheel controls?

Thanks for any help.

the two connectors on the bottom of the photo are for the antenna, they should be plugged in the the head unit; the rca would normally be plugged into the head unit as well but if you dont have the bose system than they probably werent used or maybe the previous owner changed all the speakers, etc as well.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I was able to dig-up the info on the adapter they used, and it looks like the RCA's should be plugged into the head unit. I also realized they installed a small window mounted antenna instead of the stock unit, so I just ordered an amplified adapter to use the stock antenna.

Garth