Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who had Can-bus adapter Installed when upgraded fron Non-Can to Can-bus radio..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who had Can-bus adapter Installed when upgraded fron Non-Can to Can-bus radio..

I had concert I radio in my A6 and decided to change to Concert II radio that previously installed in Audi A4, but this time decided to get that can-bus adapter to fix the power on/off issue
and button lights. I have order adapter from Kufatec, installed, until I have notice a problem.
When my dimming switch was set at half, no engine running , I turn to parking lights, and lights worked, however the button light they started to blink and radio display was turning on /off, as soon I turn the dimming switch to full power, issues with blinking button lights and display turning on/off were gone,
as soon I turned the engine on, blinking button lights and display turning on/off started again so I turn the dimming switch to lowest setting and everything worked fine

For those who done upgrade have you had this problem ?
I am trying to figure out this problem.
One thing I did notice which I fixed was one of the pin for CAN L was wired to wrong pin that had no connection on the radio, after doing that nothing changed, Kuftec didn't sent any diagrams of pin layout , so I don't know what effect will have if I reverse the CAN L and CAN H wires, if they are in correct order