Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is there static?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is there static?

Hello! We have a 2015 A3 (purchased used) which has a stock sound system. We're hearing static from some of the back speakers sometimes, when the car turns on, or when we turn right (odd, I know). Brought it back to the dealer who said they removed all the speakers and they all work - the problem is with the control center which needs to be replaced in order to resolve the issue (to the tune of $3500 - no thank you). My question is - is the dealer full of crap? Could this actually be a wiring issue? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks!
Dianne
Old 07-14-2021, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JamzA3
Hello! We have a 2015 A3 (purchased used) which has a stock sound system. We're hearing static from some of the back speakers sometimes, when the car turns on, or when we turn right (odd, I know). Brought it back to the dealer who said they removed all the speakers and they all work - the problem is with the control center which needs to be replaced in order to resolve the issue (to the tune of $3500 - no thank you). My question is - is the dealer full of crap? Could this actually be a wiring issue? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks!
Dianne
A6 2017 with Static - Hi there, i have the static too! it just started for me, it comes and goes, have not notices it has anything to do with turning left or right, but it is with all modalities, AM/FM, Sirius, CD, CarPlay... I don't know what to do or where to take it. Because it comes and goes, I seems to me that it would be wiring.
Old 07-16-2021, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We brought it to a car stereo place thinking it was a wiring issue, maybe the ground wire not secured. The shop said it was the speakers - there are little coils of wire inside and when it heats up they can become detached and disrupt the connection. We will try replacing the speakers and see what happens. This solution is much better than paying $3k for a control unit. Stay tuned!
Old 08-02-2021, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So, the shop changed out the speakers, and the new ones would not work. They are now saying that the problem is with the MIB Main Unit, which is inside the glove box. I'm now searching for the correct model. These units go for $500-$900, which is not cheap but still not as expensive is the main control unit. I feel like a dog chasing my tail.