Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

All this talk about Menzerna...even the Final Polish is abrasive, right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 01:05 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You don't need to...trust me...

When menzerna dried out, it sticks like glue to the paint. A light spritz of water and a *clean* microfiber towel will get the finish spotless. It's really not a big deal. Part of our problem is we were at my friend's place, and we only had the 4 microfiber cloths I gave him for xmas last year. That's 1 cloth for intensive polish (we only used that on problem areas), 2 for finishing polish, and 1 for waxing. In truth, we could have used 4 clothes just for the finishing polish. If I was working at home, I'd have an ample supply of cotton towels and microfiber. I will say this...the microfiber was a lifesaver...it does a great job of pulling the residue off the paint (until it get's overloaded that is).

There is one area where the tape left some adhesive residue on the paint. This area was previously polished and waxed. I went over the residue with GEPC, and wax. The end result wasn't any brighter or better than the surrounding paint...so I think CMA is mostly right when they suggest going straight from FP to Wax.