Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Anyone with first-hand experience of Zaino Z-2 vs. Menzerna FMJ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with first-hand experience of Zaino Z-2 vs. Menzerna FMJ?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default if you wanna send me some menzerna, ill send you some Z-2, and we can both compare :)

I love the zaino stuff. z-2 w/zfx is just awesome stuff. and you never have to dawn wash to reapply it.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I own neither, and only plan to buy one...thus, my question
Old 06-27-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Menzerna FMJ?

I use Menzerna FMJ after using the Klasse twins first. I sometimes apply 2 coats and then I apply a HIGH quality carnuba wax after that, great shine on northern blue. I can't comment on Zaino, never used it but others here have. It's seems to me it's whatever works best for you and that's what you end up prefering.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:14 AM

Default The Zaino regimen (Z5, Z2, with ZFX) is incredible...

TroyH - I've tried a lot of things on my two silver cars and I can happily report that nothing beats the Zaino regimen. Some products look nearly as good, but NOTHING lasts anywhere near as long. Nothing.

Of course, some of the results I've achieved with Zaino are a direct result of the excellent polishing guidance I've read here (including directly from you...) The key to Zaino is to correct all the mechanical flaws in your paint before you use Z5 or Z2.

Once the paint is as mechanically flawless as possible, you owe it to yourself to spend the time, the money, and the effort to use the Zaino.

The results, in terms of shine, feel, depth-of-color, and durability will impress you.

L.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've never tried Zaino but I have a friend who has and it lasts about 1-2 months for him.

I use FMJ and get about the same results. Slickness on the surface depends on how many coats of each are layered. FMJ gets really slick after 2 coats. Zaino also gets very slick after 2-3 coats. I don't think you can go wrong with either. It's just easier to get FMJ because I can get it locally. FMJ is a lot more expensive at $40/bottle though.

If anybody's wondering why we only get 1-2 months out of Zaino and FMJ it's because I live in Hawaii and there is a lot of salt in the air from the ocean spray. It's killer on the paint surface. Usually if you go to the beach you can rub your finger across the paint and you'll have a layer of salt on your finger.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default He is definitely doing something wrong.

More than likely applying on a base that isn't clean paint. The biggest mistake people make is applying Z on top of a "weaker link".

You won't get maximum gloss or durability.

My last application was in the winter.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Troy, if you want, we can strip down my car and test the longevity of the FMJ against the Z-2.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have both. Use Zaino still. FMJ is ok, but second fiddle, IMO.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Coming from you, that's an endorsement.

Quick Reply: Anyone with first-hand experience of Zaino Z-2 vs. Menzerna FMJ?