Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Anyone have thoughts on Glanz vs Klasse? I'm looking to offer my customers a choice of

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have thoughts on Glanz vs Klasse? I'm looking to offer my customers a choice of

polymer or wax finish. I have P21S, Meguiar's GC and of course, Blitz on the shelf already, so I have the wax angle covered, but I'd like to get a synthetic product as well.

BTW, if you'd like to suggest something other than 1Z or Klasse, then by all means do so, however I will not be going the Zaino route, as it's too time-consuming to make it viable for customer cars.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My roomate uses Klasse... says it's his second choice to zaino. I'm learning from him

Supposed to do an amazing job, and leave a great shine. I can't remember, i think he said it made it look really wet, or deep. One of the two.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Anyone have thoughts on Glanz vs Klasse? I'm looking to offer my customers a choice of

Troy, I use Klasse AIO and then Klasse High Gloss Sealant, then I just started following that up with Menzerna FMJ, fantastic shine! Easy to work with, all three come off without alot of work. I use microfiber towels for removal. I use on my wife's new 05 A4 Cab bought in November and I will use the same on my new 05 A8L arriving the end of the month. Best of luck.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Why FMJ over the Klasse sealant? Aren't they of the same vein?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Default IMO Klasse SG is a pain in the ***, plus you have to use aio...

so its not much of a time saver.

If you are going to be doing a high volume I would check out Megs #21. I tried a sample and i think it would be ideal for you application. Fast, easy to use, looks great.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:32 PM

Default I've used them both

and frankly, I like them both.

1z Glanz- Super easy to apply. Its like water, very thin coat does the trick. as soon as your done applying the panel, you can go wipe it off. Buffs out real easy. I found the shine to be very sharp and clear. Protection was excellent. 3+ months. Very slick.

Klasse AIO- Goes on easy enough as long as you are careful to not apply to much. Same application method. I would actually say it buffs out easier than 1z, but negligable. Shine and clarity was ok, but Glanz wins there. I found SG more finicky and the drying time is probably a problem for customer cars. i.e should sit for at least an hour.

I like the AIO when helping friends with less loved cars as I would skip any polish steps (after clay) and let the "abrasives" and fillers do their job. protection is also great.

IMO- I'd go 1z Glanz, just my .02. Hope you find this helpful, as I would like to have been able to help you for all the help you've given.

Cheers.

Tony
Old 05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just curious..

You have mentioned several times that Zaino is time consuming. Why would you say that?

Other than the 45 seconds it takes to mix the ZFX into the Z2 Pro it takes absolutely no longer and has no different steps than any other sealant or wax.

It applies super fast either by hand or buffer. Typically it dries in less than 30 minutes. On average my jobs dry in 10-15 minutes, tops. It removes extremely easy. It leaves virtually no residue. It's not as "expensive" as you would imagine when 2oz will easily do two coats on an average car. Considering how long the protection and shine lasts, that's an excellent value.

I don't use Zaino exclusively, but it's certainly one of my favorites for all of the above reasons. BTW...Z8 is just another reason to love it! ;-)
Old 05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Having never used it, my opinion is only based on what it sounds like to an "outsider"...

It reads like one needs to do multiple coats back and forth between Z2 & Z5 (IIRC). I know they have a curing additive now, but the whole system just "sounds" time-consuming. If you have a different experience, as a user, pls let me know.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

In that sense, would 1Z be better for customers cars, allowing them to be done more timely?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm really liking FMJ. Especially when applied with multiple coats.

Quick Reply: Anyone have thoughts on Glanz vs Klasse? I'm looking to offer my customers a choice of