Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Detailing Question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing Question...

You know when you do a complete detail....wash, clay, polish, & wax? The paint is smooth as glass! I love that! But then sometimes as soon as the very next wash the following week, you can start to feel some grit on the paint after a wash/detail spray. Is there a product that prevents stuff from sticking in the cars paint? I've recently been using either the Klasse products or the Zymol products.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:11 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's perfectly normal for contaminents to embed themselves in the paint.

Twice a year I try to clay my car to pull them out, but otherwise, I live with it.

I use Zaino (www.zainobros.com) on my paint, and I've found that it keeps the paint pretty slick, much longer than most natural carnauba waxes I have tried. Plastic panels still seem to accumulate a lot of grit (esp. the rear bumper), but the metal painted surfaces stay pretty clean. The first time I clayed after switching to Zaino, I found the clay routine went exceptionally fast due to the low amount of crap that was stuck on the paint.

Some of the guys that use carnauba waxes may have some pointers for you on how to reduce grit build up. It may be something as simple as washing your car weekly (vs. myonceeverymonthortwoduringthedroughtroutine).