Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

follow-up on swissvax concorso: no difference in shine so far

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default funny you should mention the pre-wax oil: that was the most disappointing part

after i applied the pre-wax oil and buffed it off (as per the instructions), i used the 3m sun gun to inspect the surface and found clear evidence of micromarring. since i applied the oil onto a completely clean car and with a brand new (just washed) detailer's domain mf, i reluctantly concluded that the pre-wax oil itself must have some mild abrasive.

in any case, i used 85rd to repolish the surface and remove the micromarring. i also used another mf from the same shipment of towels to remove the excess 85rd and the micromarring did not reappear -- so i'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by the mf. since i was running low on time, i didn't repeat this experiment and simply applied the concorso without the cleaner wax.

maybe i'm just completely incompetent, but thus far i've found nothing particularly remarkable about swissvax products beyond the price and the bold claims on their packaging.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to say

It sounds like you should reattempt this experiement, there is something in your process that you are doing that is counterproductive to your results. I have been using Concourso, after testing p21 blitz pinnacle lusso and the results do not compare.

The depth and the clarity that Concourso produces is a night and day difference between the lower end premium waxes.

I have never ommitted the prewax oil step when using Concourso but I will say that I prefer using a wax system to an easy on easy off solution. As you know, Concourso has a very high carnauba content and it is indeed a more difficult product to work with than non pure carnauba/easy to use carnauba waxes that have higher solvents and lower carnauba.

I would revisit this experiment when you have time to complete all the necessary steps for application. And I am sure you will be satisfied with the unique results. After using Concourso, I won't put p21 blitz pinnacle nor lusso etc, on anyways car. Not even on the wheels.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 AM

not a fan of zaino... Collinite is fantastic stuff
Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just a thought.

It could also be that meem's paint is so close to flawless that he can see imperfections and differences in products that other people wouldn't simply because the surface is so clean. It's highly possibly given the amount of effort he puts into maintaining his cars.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Elder Member

Default your borderline condescending tone aside ...

i am happy to repeat the experiment. in fact, i'm happy to have anyone from this forum come over and observe my process and tell me where i've made a mistake. i'd really like this product to be great.

btw, the name of the product is 'concorso', not 'concourso'.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:51 PM

Default No worries

These products are much more difficult to use than the consumer grade waxes. Quite often I hear of people not being satisfied with the results only to learn that they had not used the products properly. I'm sure you can understand how this unfairly affects my work, business and the brand image of the product and why I suggested to you to reserve judgment until you have perfected the difficult application process.

Feel free to give me a ring if you would like advice on how to get the most out of Concorso. 3019081490
Old 10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Elder Member

Default well, i encourage you to do a head-to-head with any of your cars up against mine ...

we'll let the folks at large decide which one has paint with more pop.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I liked concorso b/c of how long it lasted - car started loosing it's beading after 3 wet months.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default id like to come over, because your detailing skills are amazing, and i could learn

ALOT. lol! thanks for the invite ;-)
Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Meem doesnt need any advice, seriously

He is on this forum strictly to help others, his cars on their worst days look twice as good than any other professionally detailed car on their best days, and thats a fact.

Quick Reply: follow-up on swissvax concorso: no difference in shine so far