Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Klasse Sealant?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Klasse Sealant?

Just got my new black Q5 last week. Any thoughts on the Klasse? I have used it years ago, but without wanting to spend days detailing, are there other good alternatives?

Bob
Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Just got my new black Q5 last week. Any thoughts on the Klasse? I have used it years ago, but without wanting to spend days detailing, are there other good alternatives?

Bob
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is a great durable sealant that gives the best results after layering a couple coats. The problem most people have with HGSG is that it can be very finicky to remove. You want to apply it as thin as possible and I've had the best results removing it after you complete a panel. I keep a bottle of cold distilled water or a quick detailer by my side to remove any excess product that doesn't want to come off.

The difficulty of application and removal compared to other sealants on the market is why I don't personally turn to Klasse. Some of my favorite sealants have been Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 and Blackfire Wet Diamond. Both are very easy to apply and remove. Jet Seal 109 offers more of a carnauba wet look compared to other sealants. The depth and gloss is outstanding. Blackfire looks great on all colors, is easy to apply and remove and lasts a little longer than Jet Seal 109. Blackfire has a Polycharger additive to help the polymers crosslink and bond to the paint, which adds to the protection and durability.

I think you'd be pleased with any of the above sealants compared to Klasse.

If you have any questions on anything, let me know.

George
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the reply. Does using a wax (which one) offer/do anything after one of these sealants?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bob m
Thanks for the reply. Does using a wax (which one) offer/do anything after one of these sealants?
You can top any sealant with a natural carnauba wax if desired. Generally speaking, waxes will enhance the depth and gloss and give it more of the wet look. If you go this route, you want to make sure you let the layer of sealant cure for 24 hours prior to applying the wax. Usually what I recommend is wait until the first maintenance wash, about a week later, then apply the wax after the wash. I find that carnauba waxes do a better job beading water and protecting your paint against certain elements, which makes maintaining your vehicle easier.

For black paint, some of my favorite wax options are:

Bang for the buck - Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax

Lots of depth and gloss and super tight water beading - Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Dodo Juice Purple Haze

We certainly have lots of other great waxes, but those are my go to ones for black paint, without spending significantly more money.

If you're used to the look of Klasse, you may want to see what just a new sealant looks like as the two I recommended will have a little warmer glow to them.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

George
Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
You can top any sealant with a natural carnauba wax if desired. Generally speaking, waxes will enhance the depth and gloss and give it more of the wet look. If you go this route, you want to make sure you let the layer of sealant cure for 24 hours prior to applying the wax. Usually what I recommend is wait until the first maintenance wash, about a week later, then apply the wax after the wash. I find that carnauba waxes do a better job beading water and protecting your paint against certain elements, which makes maintaining your vehicle easier.

For black paint, some of my favorite wax options are:

Bang for the buck - Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax

Lots of depth and gloss and super tight water beading - Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Dodo Juice Purple Haze

We certainly have lots of other great waxes, but those are my go to ones for black paint, without spending significantly more money.

If you're used to the look of Klasse, you may want to see what just a new sealant looks like as the two I recommended will have a little warmer glow to them.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

George
Thanks George. Regarding ordering, is everything via email, no phone orders or phone accessability?

Bob
Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor

Bob,

We prefer all orders placed through our website. It's very secure and everything is automated so that all of the data gets inputted into our system correctly.

Me and my team take different days at the warehouse, so I'm only there a couple days a week. I am on my computer a majority of the day, just about every day, so I can always respond promptly.

We have a phone number listed in our Frequently asked Questions in the event you need to contact us via phone.

If you have any other questions on anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

George