Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

MTM Hydro foam cannon help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MTM Hydro foam cannon help needed

Hi all, I purchased an mtm hydro foam cannon. The first time I used it, I was able to get some foam but not like I see in all if the videos. The second time not so much. I know the soap I used is capable if it. I believe my issue is with the settings. I can't figure out how to dial it in correctly. I have the front nozzle setting closed so the front two plates are pretty close to each other creating a pretty wide fan. Not completely closed though. The other setting not sure where it should be as I don't see any markings on it. I'm using a 2700 psi gas powered Tri bilt power washer. Any help would be appreciated as company is in Italy and I can't seem to get answers anywhere. I want to have the excitement of using this thing that I thought I would have when I ordered it. My Audi is asking for lots if foam.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me a while to figure it out. I played around with some Meguiars car wash to get the hang of it then moved over to Chemical Guys stuff.
I can tell you that mine is screwed all the way on both settings - nothing "in the middle". Both for the spray and **** on top.
The other suggestion I would have is to dial down the pressure slightly. I use a 2700PSI also and I found it works better backing off the throttle a bit.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thor_44
It took me a while to figure it out. I played around with some Meguiars car wash to get the hang of it then moved over to Chemical Guys stuff.
I can tell you that mine is screwed all the way on both settings - nothing "in the middle". Both for the spray and **** on top.
The other suggestion I would have is to dial down the pressure slightly. I use a 2700PSI also and I found it works better backing off the throttle a bit.
Thank you for the advice. I actually called wayfair and told them that u did not think it was working properly and they sent me a new one. I should have time to try it this week. Let me ask you a question though. Do you have the cannon attached directly to the gun or did you connect to the long silver wand where the nozzles usually go.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Thank you for the advice. I actually called wayfair and told them that u did not think it was working properly and they sent me a new one. I should have time to try it this week. Let me ask you a question though. Do you have the cannon attached directly to the gun or did you connect to the long silver wand where the nozzles usually go.
On the end of the wand.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Do you think it would make a difference either way in the foam
Old 10-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Thanks. Do you think it would make a difference either way in the foam
Have not tried it without the wand. I would not think that should make much difference in the spray - since it's still coming directly from the foamer.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can't believe it. I finally found out what the issue was. It sound stupid but may help someone else. It was not the foam cannon. The hose that I had going from the water to the power washer was one of those thin cheap coil hoses. I found out that the power washer wS not getting the right amount of water pressure due to the small gauge of the hose. When I switched it to a normal hose it worked perfectly fine. I guess you live and learn. Hahahahahahaha. Thanks for all of the help though