Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Observations about Blitz Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Observations about Blitz Wax

Some good things:

Goes on like butter. Just thinking about applying it makes me want to wax more.

Comes off easy.

Obviously, great shine.

Okay, some bad things:

I always seem to get a hazey reflection appear about 1-2 days after applying. After I'm done buffing, the car looks absolutely amazing. But once it sits in the Cali sun for a day or two, I get some haze. Am I not buffing out enough? After a wash with just water, it seems to help get rid of the haze. I typically wash the car once a week (mostly just with water especially after just waxing), but the last thing I want to do is wash the car again after just having waxed it a day before.

Lots of residual dust. I need to get some canned air because that plastic trim is a pain to keep clear.

Is it just me or does your finish attract a lot of bugs. Mosquitos seem to love my shine.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Funky german paint...

yeah, the trick with the hazing is the spritz some water on the paint, and wipe it off.

Next time, immediately after waxing, go over part of the car with a spray bottle and cold water (preferrably distilled), spritz and dry immediately. Try going over another part of the car with detailing spray. Re-evaluate a few days later and let us know which worked better at eliminating the haze.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Does it haze on the hood,roof and trunk only

or more than on the side panels.These panels oxidize much faster and the wax will haze.Try a good polish by a machine buffer if so.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:13 PM

Default mostly hood and trunk. It's weird, like a 2 day reaction. If drying a black car wasn't so much of

pain, I'd give it a quick water wash right after waxing. I got a detailing towel, so what I might try is a moist rub before any grime builds up (that way no scratches) and see how that works.

BTW, I've got about 3 coats of Blitz (applied over 5 week period). Not sure if that's contributing as well, but I did notice this hazing from the first coat and I've seen a few other posts about it here and there.

The 3rd coat of Blitz really makes the car sparkle. Wow. Looks like 3 is the magic number.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, 3 does seem to be it for Blitz.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It did it to me this week too :(

After all of the detail time this weekend I was less than pleased to find a light haze on my hood and roof when I came out of the office today. I had gone over the entire car with detail spray (One Grand Show-Off) so that doesn't seem to do the trick. It was cooler and more humid than when I usually wax the car and I think that is probably what caused the problem. The wax was dry when I removed it but Blitz seems to trap moisture in anyway.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

I agree, I think it's the humidity too.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:59 AM

Default I went over the haze with a dampened detailing towel (basically microfibre) then rebuffed with dry

terry cloth. Wow, what a shine. Only problem is you need to make sure you haven't accumulated any grit, otherwise you can stratch the hell out of your paint this way.

I'm going to try a couple of things next time I wax. Being that I'm in a So. California, humidity really isn't a problem. So the only thing I can think of is that since I'm waxing right after washing, there's some hidden moisture. What I might do is either take the car for a quick drive around the block or if schedule permits, let it sit over night before waxing.

If that doesn't work, looks like the only solution is to rewash about a day or two after waxing. What a pain.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, it is a pain. It's only happened to me 2 or 3 times tho.