Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Poorboys EX & Quick Detailer Plus products...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorboys EX & Quick Detailer Plus products...

I've been using Zaino products ever since I bought my car (Brilliant Black)...and have been very happy with it. This past wkend a friend of mine who is a detailing nut got me into Poorboys...and so I tried out his stuff. He has used everything from Pinnacle to Zaino. I was very skeptical about using anything else other than Zaino...but I gave it a whirl. All I can say is WOW! I only did one coat and the finish was mirrorlike. I can vouch for this product and will definitely be using this from now on (b/c it's very inexpensive). Don't get me wrong...Zaino is amazing stuff. It's just with a color like mine, it's very unforgiving with hiding scratches and swirls. Overall both products are great, but it looks like Poorboys is my new choice in wax =P
Old 09-13-2003, 08:23 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Please report back on longevity, and

how the paint appears after 2-3 car washes. Things like this are what people will want to know:
Do the swirls return?
Does the paint still appear mirror-like?
Does the finish have a tacky feel or a teflon feel to it?
Does dirt wash off the paint easily?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:58 AM

Default will do man...

so far my friend (who has a 2002 330Ci) has been using it for the past yr and won't switch back to anything else. I will post my reviews after a couple uses.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:55 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 10:49 AM

Default I gave EX a try this weekend. I applied 3 coats. Ask your buddy if he layers it. Apparently you

can, like a sealant. Just wait 24 hours in between coats.

Anyway, the shine is pretty nice. Deep and wet. Just to give you an idea, I could see my reflection through the haze as I was applying the 3rd coat. Although I haven't taken it out in the daylight yet because I've working on it at night.

The stuff is pretty easy to work with. I noticed right off the bat that it will help with my dusty garage. Whereas Blitz used to compound the problem. It goes on a little thicker than I'd like, but still comes off pretty easy. 2 coats is probably enough as I didn't notice much improvement with the 3rd.

I'll report back with durability as well, although I plan to top with S100.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's what I was told as well...

very noticeable difference between the 1st coat and the 2nd. Did you apply with a damp foam applicator? Saw that you had trouble spreading it evenly.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:42 PM

Default I used 3 methods. First there was this foam sponge they included with the sale. HORRIBLE. Good

for getting a thin coat, but it wouldn't retain any of the liquid and it would accumulate along the sides, causing big globs. Hard to explain, but trust me, not worth the effort.

Then I tried a MF applicator. Not bad. The problem is that it starts to haze almost immediately so you really can't spread it thin. IOW, you need to use dime size drops, cover a very small area and repeat. I'm used to being able to do a whole panel with a couple pats on a paste wax.

Lastly, I tried a foam pad and this seemed to work best. Once the pad got loaded, I was able to get a thin coat on over a bigger surface before having to reload.

Next time I'll probably do with PC. My black finishing pad was on order, so that's why I applied by hand to begin with.

In any case, report back with any findings. I'll do the same once I get the car out in the wild.