Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

TIre Dies

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIre Dies

has anyone used the product that dies your tire for 2-3 months. I am not sure of the name but was wondering if anyone has used it.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dies them what??? Black??? Why???
Old 09-02-2002, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haven't heard of a tire "dye".

There are a lot of products that clean rubber and/or make tires look black like new (without dyes). Some last longer than others. None that I'm aware of lasts 2-3 months.

Btw, I wouldn't want any of my tires to "die"!

:-p
Old 09-04-2002, 10:14 AM

Default I've seen it at properautocare.com and is for more than tires....

This stuff is called Forever Black and can be used on bumpers and body moldings. Never used it though.<ul><li><a href="http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/fb-1k.html">Forever Black</a></li></ul>
Old 09-04-2002, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Actually they don't ever say it's for use on tires.

They repeatedly refer to using it on bumpers and trim, but not tires. I suspect it would "seal" whatever it's applied to, which would be a problem on tires for much the same reason that silicone is a problem on tires.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have experience with multiple types of tire dies, and I didn't

like any of them.

Among the types I've had: 6D nail, 1" roofing nail, 3/4" wood screw, dry wall anchor and a cut nail driven in head first.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your sense of humor....well.....

cracks me up!!
Old 09-06-2002, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's a sad, sad state, but it's really my mom's fault. You see.....

she's an English teacher, been one since before I was born, so you can bet that growing up I was corrected at every turn. I thought it was such an ***-pain growing up, but when I got to college and could rattle off a 3-page "A" paper in the hour before class, I realized she'd actually taught me something. Now I guess that spelling and grammar are just pet peeves for me. It was made even worse being at an engineering school. If I had a nickel for every time I heard, "I'm an engineer, I don't have to be able to write/speak." I'd be a rich man. I just thought, "Yeah, well see how much respect you get when you present your design and no one in the room can understand a word you're saying, and trying to read your proposal isn't helping them either."

8-)
Old 09-06-2002, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You and I aren't so different in this area. You want to hear something pretty ironic...

I had to take an entrance exam for placement in college. Part of it was a written essay, graded by the english department. This was done regardless of what your major was, which for me was also Engineering, but I switched to business and became a CPA. Anyway, my essay was on why students in majors other than English should have to take 4 years of college English since they would innevitably be required to write and speak publicly in their professions. I got an "A" on the paper and was exempt from four years of college English. Pretty funny huh??
Old 09-07-2002, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hehehe.

Quick Reply: TIre Dies