Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

What is the best wheel cleaner and protector please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I use blitz on the paint, which I love. I have found it does nicely on wheels

unless you have a real random orbital polisger - don;t bother I think. but do a search here -there are lots of posts on polisher
Old 04-10-2004, 08:13 AM

Default Re: If you truly want to eliminate brake dust, install Kleen Wheels to your wheels. They are...

I two have Kleen Wheels on my car...was a little hesitant at first but I talked to a Tech at the Autogeek and he sent me some info...see following... (had them for a year now and no problems)
DO THEY EFFECT THE BRAKES?
Customers often question whether Kleen Wheels have an effect upon the braking system.

Consider a Mercedes-Benz as factory delivered in Germany, usually delivered with a steel wheel and a stainless steel hubcap as standard equipment. Does this wheel/hubcap design allow for any passage of air through the wheel? If an American customer were to buy the same vehicle in the United States, where we usually find the vehicles come standard loaded with alloy wheels, and the customer installs a pair of Kleen Wheels (an inside hubcap) into the alloy wheels - would there be any more or less air circulating through the wheels than the vehicle was originally designed for with a steel wheel and an outside hubcap? The same amount, of course.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:21 PM

That's silly - that means there is anotehr layer of metal for the heat to escape out of
Old 04-10-2004, 04:30 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default If I drove my S4 like I drive my Honda...I wouldn't have a problem with this.

The S4, despite having MUCH bigger brakes and rotors, seems to get a LOT hotter during my day to day driving. Why? Because I have more braking capacity in the S than I do in the Honda, so I'm gonna use it!