Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Your best hints for maintaining a BLACK (ugh) audi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your best hints for maintaining a BLACK (ugh) audi?

I think I am going to go for it and get a BLACK audi. I would love to hear your best hints on keeping this thing looking good.

Thanks!!

Kate
Old 01-06-2004, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1-step instructions within...

1. Buy a bucket of white paint and go at it!

Seriously though, check out this link:<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/8409.phtml">2k2S4's BRILLIANT BLACK DETAILING ROUTINE</a></li></ul>
Old 01-07-2004, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wash alot and properly and keep a good couple coats of wax on the car...

I had black Audis for years and it drove me nuts that I could never keep them in 100% show room condition. If you really want to get serious throughout the life of the car swirls will eventually develop and are most noticeable on black cars. At that point I would suggest picking up a porter cable buffer and the Menzerna Twins (Intensive &amp; Final Polish). Like I said it depends on how serious you want to be about it and how much time your willing to spend. Check out the link Quattro Pete gave you and also look in Troy H's sig. Both are very knowledgeable on here and have detailed detailing routines. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default after owning a black car, i vowed never again... but i DID learn a lot. #1 - Klasse!!!

if you start using the Klasse twins (All in One and Sealant Glaze) from the get go, you'll be in a lot better shape than if you use wax. The acrylic protection is superior. It may not offer up the same shine according to some tastes, but that seems to be an opinion not widely held.

With the SG, you can also layer that to add as much protection as your heart desires, unlike wax. The thing about wax is that while you can 'add layers' it does not actually layer. Only so much wax can stick to a car, and wax does not layer on top of wax. After that, you're just rubbing it on and off. The SG however, layers on top of itself.

So once you get a couple of layers of SG on there, cleaning it is a breeze. Just never take it through a car wash. Almost guaranteed, you'll get those swirls or spider webs on there.

Oh, and w/ klasse, hand application is a breeze and recommended over machines, so you can save your money. Do a search for more info on the stuff, or check out the link.<ul><li><a href="http://www.properautocare.com/apklasbyhan.html">http://www.properautocare.com/apklasbyhan.html</a</li></ul>