Audi Canada Special Offers are a joke

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is getting rediculous

If a company refuses to sell something because you're out of country, they can. Sure you can probably buy it perhaps and have issues later with warranty (but that's not really the case with Audi or Porsche for example), but I do recall that other car companies do not provide warranty if you purchase in the US.

I'll use a simple example - Nikon camera gear. Sure you can buy it from the US, you won't get warranty coverage in Canada.

If our dollar continues to be stronger than the US for the forseeable future, I do believe that somebody will step in to curb the number of people buying cars from the US, whether it's manufacturers not covering warranty or making the process much more difficult by the government.

In the end, if you want to buy out of the US, go right ahead, nobody's stopping you.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:12 PM

Default I don't think it is legal

Legally, they can't and they probably know it, that is why they just do not recomment to sell to Canadian customers. If there is a Canadian paying cash for an Audi in the States and Audi USA say they will not sell it to him you can expect a lawsuit.

Regardless, I know that because of the complicated situation with US and Canadian currency it is a very complex situation and I did not even go to a discussion why as of today the same vehicle costs 20% more to a Canadian.

What I am talking about is that since currently the margins on the vehicles sold in Canada are higher than in US (since both buy the vehicles from the same place in Euros) why don't they give better special lease offers to Canadians?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's only a recommendation.

Dealers don't have to follow it for one-off situations. Of course if the dealer purposely work with the buyer volume ship to another conuntry like the example I mentioned, then it's a different story.

It is in the corporate interest of the car company to protect the individual dealership franchaises from getting their sales cannibalized by other dealership franchaises from another country due to price differences.

As for one-off individual purchasers doing cross-border shopping, it's usually up to the individual dealership to decide if they want to risk it. However, it makes sense to not incur the wrath of the supplier, wouldn't you say?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hahahahah... and they leave for BMW and they came back begging for job back hahaha
Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM

My neighbor has a Q7 in Calgary