Detail special in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail special in Vancouver

I can't quite find a category to put this into in the classifieds so here goes..

If anyone from the Vancouver area wants a complete exterior/ interior detail please let me know. The first two people who sign up for a detail will get a special price of $125 CDN (assuming the car is in good condition, not too many swirls, regularily maintained).

For $125, you will get the following...

Exterior:
1: Rinse the car with soapy car wash solution to loosen dirt.
2: Use a wool washmit / soap solution and gently remove dirt that doesn't rinse off.
3: Wash wheels
4: Rinse car with water, and spray with concentrated soapy water solution.
5: Clay car with claybar.
6:Rinse car / dry car
7: Polish using porter cable PC7424 using either Menzerna, 3M, or Meguiars products, depending on swirl/scratch severity
8: Polish again using a very fine glaze/polish to achieve shine
9: Wax using your choice of Klasse AIO , p21s, Blitz, liquid souveran. I also have Souveran paste but since the product is so expensive ($100 / 8 oz) it will be an extra $15. Souveran Paste is supposedly the best wax to use on black but suffers in the longevity department. I can also use Klasse AIO to provide the protection of a sealant and then top that with souveran for an extra $25. This will help longevity.
10:Wax wheels
11: Clean glass if necessary

Interior:
1: Vacuum seats/floormats/carpet/trunk
2: Apply lexol leather cleaner to leather
3: Buff off lexol with wet towel, apply lexol leather conditioner, allow leather to absorb lexol
4: If floormats are rubber, take them out of the car and rinse with water.
5: Treat vinyl/rubber surfaces with either Vinylex, 303 protectant, or Sonax interior protectant
6: Clean glass if necessary/

All products will be applied to the paintwork using either Microfiber applicators, or foam applicators. All product removal on the paintwork will be done using microfiber cloths. Most of the products I used can be found on www.properautocare.com and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I will also recode your door locks, clear error codes, and recode your transmission using a VAG-COM for free.

I am free starting Friday. You can either drop the car at my house or I can go to your house (in GVA area) if you have some basics such as a hose and garage and vaccuum. The job will take approximately 8 hrs to complete.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow, if you were closer, I would come see you. That is the cheapest price I've ever seen!

Seriously, I also do auto detailing at home and let me tell you that never ever I would charge only $125 CDN for this, I mean, clay bar is real PITA and take a long time, 3 step wax means a lot of $$$ invested in products and time... first step buffing can be really long depending on car color, paint condition...

Seriously, you are severe competition, I'm happy you are not in Montreal area.

For that price here, at my place, you can have glaze, wax, wheel wax, engine detailing and leather treatment.

For Vancity guys, jump on this deal fast, you will never see that again in your life, that is just so a good deal.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Wow, if you were closer, I would come see you. That is the cheapest price I've ever seen!

hehe...thanks!

Well its my hobby and I'm only available for the next few weeks until school starts so I figured I might as well make some money during my break doing something I enjoy.

Its quite hard convincing normal people that they need a hand wash for $10, nevermind a full detail no matter how inexpensive it is.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Wow, if you were closer, I would come see you. That is the cheapest price I've ever seen!

I do this too since I'm 13 years old (I'm now 18) I do this all year long, in my garage in the winter. As of now I have over 25 customers and about 5 that I was every weeks or so (10 cars). This year was crazy for me, all wanted to have their car detailed, waxed and all other stuff, I have never had a weekend I did'nt had anything to do. I'm a good sale rep that know how to sell his stuff. In fact, it is true that a car need at least a coat a wax each year, and need to be washed regularely.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:04 AM

Default Heh you are pretty lucky..

I am begging my girlfriend to let me prep her car (for free of course!) for her once she gets it.

She doesn't want me to since she knows that if I am spending hours on her car she has to help me..
Unfortunately lots of people don't care too much about their cars..just look in parking lots, 95% of cars are swirled like crazy!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

In Europe, 99.99% of cars are swirled, dented, crashed... our cars are so clean compared to their's
Old 08-24-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Detail special in Vancouver

What's your regular price for the detailing?