Does anyone know where to buy parts with Paypal that ships to Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No prob!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default None of you guys know how customs and the shippers work....

It does not matter who ships the goods, Fed Ex, UPS the USPS from anywhere in the world to Canada it all goes through customs and they are going to charge you the PST, GST and duties if need be. Indeed even if you were to bring those goods into Canada by your self you would have to pay, period.

Now this said some stuff can fall through the cracks, customs lets a lot of things go by without looking because of the volume that they see in a day and there are few loop holes like a package declared as a gift and even those are subject to taxes and duties depending on their value and how nice the custom's officer is that day.

Now as for the fees collected by let say UPS or Fed Ex, or even the USPS/Canada post because they are custom bonded carriers, it is their duty to collect those taxes and duties if need be before they release the packages. They will also charge you a brokerage fee for those services and the amount goes by a percentage of the value of the goods. The way around the brokerage fees at UPS is IF YOU USE THE STANDARD service, tell the shipper at the other end to say in the appropriate section on the custom's forms to mark "CLEAR OWN" this will warn UPS in Canada not to use their in house broker and you will then have to clear the goods through customs by your self. Customs will be more than glad to charge you the appropriate fees.

Just an example that happened to me last week.
I received my rear spoiler and TopSpin harnesses.
They were sent by the USPS from the States and Canada Post in Canada. When the goods arrived at the border, Canadian Customs through Canada Post charged me GST and PST on the declared value in Canadian dollars after the conversion from US dollars, almost $109.00 CAD which had to be paid on delivery. The irony of the whole thing is that I was not subject to these taxes because the goods were bought when I was on a trip outside of Canada for more than seven days. After seven days outside Canada you are allowed $750.00 tax free shopping. Customs and/or Canada Post did not even look at the documentation that came with the box. All the paper work showing the products were already cleared and "goods were to follow" were attached on the box, now I have to fill out forms to get my money back, darn civil servants.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Elder Member

I like real world situations. In this case USPS lets a lot more go by than UPS.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM

**** service!!!!!