ECS TUNING - Anybody ever buy parts online from them???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS TUNING - Anybody ever buy parts online from them???

<ul><li><a href="http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?html=vehicle-home.html&amp;make=Audi&amp;model=B5%20A4&amp;subm odel=Quattro&amp;engine=1.8T">ECS Tuning website - A4 1.8T</a></li></ul>
Old 06-07-2006, 01:36 PM

OH YEAH... and if so, are they reputable? I've been dissapointed with online before
Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I have... about average experience, two things...

Frist, they absolutely WILL NOT ship with USPS, regardless of how much you beg them. UPS is their only shipper. Be prepared to pay a hefty brokerage fee.

Second, do a search on any Audi forum regarding fraud with ECS and credit card purchase. May not be ECS at fault, there are many sides to the story. Bottom line, be careful with a credit card purchase.

For me though, I saved money even with the brokerage. I just can't find an oil filter for my car close to ECS's price.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A few OK experiences and one horrible one with them

The bad experience...They sent me allweather floormats that had the plastic inserts missing or broken. In my opionion, it would have been almost impossible for these to come out or break on their own. I really believe that someone on their end took them for themselves, and snapped a couple in the process.

Regardless, it was months later after several emails and phone messages, and numerous broken promises from them, that I finally got the inserts. They are about $80 btw, if you have to buy them seperately from Audi. Half way through the winter, I finally got my mats in. I ordered them in October.

I posted the whole experience on the C5 A6 forum, as I was very frustrated and angry near the end of the ordeal.

I vowed never to order from them again, and advised others to do the same. Unfortunately, I did have to order something from them later, and had good service. They seem to be the only people with certain parts for our cars.

Also, as thickscale mentioned, there was some problems with cc fraud with them. I have not had this problem though, so I really cant comment.

My advice, if you can, buy locally. Ive heard Independant Tuning is very good. Good Luck
Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 PM

mmm... S4... Drool - THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS
Old 06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There have been many reported problems with credit card fraud after purchases at ECS...

search the B5 S4 forum.

Many people there including myself will not order until it is completely cleared up.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The problem was solved, it was a misunderstanding/"screw up"...

I ordered a pair of mirrors from them. No problem, but the UPS handling charge is a PITA.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeap bought a few things from them. No problem to report here.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Try EuroParts Canada

<ul><li><a href="http://canada.europartsetc.com/">Euro Parts Canada</a></li></ul>
Old 06-08-2006, 05:51 AM

Default I've made two purchases in the past two months.... no problems at all...

Although the UPS brokerage fees totally suck. My first purchase was for sway bar links, oil filters and some other stuff. Second purchase was the timing belt kit. Second purchase I shipped to a friend's place in the States to avoid the brokerage fees. No problems to report with ECS, talked to them on the phone and they were helpful, their shipping was also pretty quick.

I don't think it's right to blame the credit card fraud on them... they obviously wern't trying to screw anyone.

Quick Reply: ECS TUNING - Anybody ever buy parts online from them???