Friends, fellows, countrymen, Audi nuts...help me stop considering mortgaging my

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your eyes were drawn to that? You must be from the south!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here is the way I look at it...

Everyone needs a hobby or something to do which keeps the mind away from the daily routines, stress and other crap. To me its automobiles. My TT fulfills this need and even though it costs money, to me its well worth it because of what it buys (smiles, relaxation, stress relieve). The trick is to set a budget and stick to it. Don't do something you can't afford, but don't neglect yourself - make yourself happy. If you can't afford to spend 10K on the kit today, try to figure out a way to save up that money. If there is no way for you to do it, then find happiness with what you have :-)
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If I was from the south, you'd already be encased in concrete!...Naw man, my

eyes were drawn to the chick first really. And hey, well, the guy's package was in the focal point of the pic so even if I did see that 1st, uh 2nd after the chick, I'm not ghey, ok. Really.

Central. Father from Abruzzo, mother from Molise.
Wife 1/2 from Calabria and 1/2 from Sicily, so my kids have no chance...more stubborn than mules.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The devil guy on the shoulder says that too....
Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 PM

LOL.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default A fancuolo a tutti

Do IT !!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Default DO NOT DO IT!!!......

i have been there and done that....the s4 is a fantastic car, but when you go stage 3, you really are approaching the limits of the car.....it is a PITA to keep the car running well ALL the time...there is always some hose, or some bpv, or some leak or some creak or something that rears its ugly head every few months on the car...nothing major - but chronic enough that you dig more and more $ into the car.....i had fun with my stage 3, but if you think the itch goes away with stage 3, you are WRONG...there will ALWAYS be something else...brakes, bigger intercooler, stasis ohlins, widebody, wheels.....IT'S LIKE A DRUG MAN......YOU KEEP NEEDIN' A HIT!! <hands shaking>.....

do yourself a favour and dont ever sit in a stage 3 again. I have seen it way too many times, one ride in a faster ride, and you are hooked...all you see is the joy, but you dont see the endless headaches that come with it.....ask bruno.....it was i that created the yellow monster...one ride in my nogaro and he knew his POS 1.8t wasen't even worthy to park beside the S.

walk away from stage 3 my friend, walk AWAY!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Default I agree 1000%... I got to a point with my lowly 1.8T where it was either dump a ton of $ into it

or keep on enjoying her as she is, and keep the $10K or whatever for my house, furniture, wedding, vacations, whatever...

Ultimately, as nice as it would be, those other things took priority, and the fact is that there will always be someone out there who is faster, handles, better, stops better, and has more bling... a true enthusiast is never really satisfied, and to try and fool yourself into thinking Stg 3 is the answer is just dumb. Ultimately it will cost you more than the price of the Stg. 3 because when you are ready for your next car, you will need to look at a serious machine (i.e. a P-Car) because you will never want to let yourself take a step backwards.

That being said, my will power gets weak somtimes, so I am cautious about going for a ride in someone elses car. Last time I went for a spin in a Stage 3 it cost me money as I was on-line purchasing mods a few hours later.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thought we were doing your Darintake mod then
Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 PM

Default ^^^^ Listen to this guy ^^^^^

Your post echoes many of my sentiments posted above.

Being in Aman's car at Mosport came so close to making me dump my A4 for an S4 it was silly. If I didn't get outbid on the car, I would have had it (and the increased debt that came with it), and I would still be saying the same thing about it not being quick enough, pretty enough, etc..

Quick Reply: Friends, fellows, countrymen, Audi nuts...help me stop considering mortgaging my