I fell into the trap of audi canada!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I fell into the trap of audi canada!!!!!

I live in Toronto. I picked up my 2008 tt 3.2 quattro s-line on Nov 29. I was so excited that day as I've been waiting this car for half a year. I was shocked and very upset the next day as the stupid audi canada reduced the MSRP 24 hours later after I picked up my car. I didn't even have the chance to enjot driving my new car as the weather was bad.
Here's my long story. When I placed my order on May 29, I was told I would get my car within 3 to 4 months. When I called in Sept, the dealer said I had to wait for another 4 weeks. When I called agian in Oct, they told me according to the schedule, My car would arrive at the dealer by Dec 3rd. But by the last week of Nov, they called me and said the car had arrived early.
I was very excited and wanted to pick it up as soon as possible but I fell into the trap.
What can I do? Any in the same boat?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Xel

Default you can try calling them and see what they say

at this point what if they are willing to refund you the difference? seems like you wouldn't need our help, eh =)

if they say NO and give you a reason too, that could be worthy of discussion. Do you have a "receipt" or "invoice"? is there anything on it that provides terms of transaction, i.e. disclaimer saying all sales are final, etc?

I've never bought a new Audi so can't really help with that info, you know stores like Best Buy have a 2 week price guarantee, and so on :-)
Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: you can try calling them and see what they say

This morning I talked to the boss of the dealership, he said all dealerships in Canada didn't know the price adjustment not till Friday night, otherwise they wouldn't let me pick up. I just think the communication between audi canada and the dealerships is very poor and create a problem for me.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Xel

so what was the reason not to give you a refund? "We didn't know so we're not responsible?"
Old 12-04-2007, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Prices rates and residuals change all the time - get over it.

If you didn't like the price you would not have bought it in the first place. I really don't see how this is a "trap", you are free to buy whatever you want whenever you want. The dealerships do not know about changes as they would do exactly what they tole you - stop all sales until the changes come in. But what if the loan rates went up? Then you'd say that's not fair.
You should find someone at Audi Canada to plead your case based on the excessive wait time for the vehicle. What was the price when you first ordered the car?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 AM
SMO
AudiWorld Member

Default I got my car the day before they were giving 4 free snow tires of the maint pkg for free...

And I complained about this too, but to no avail. And then to see financing rates drop significantly the next month. If only I'd known, I would have waited a couple weeks, obviously, but hey, what are you going to do? That's just the market. It's like buying a computer on Dec 24 only to see it go 50% off on boxing day a couple days later. Unless the store has a price match guarantee, you're stuck.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread is useless without pics
Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 AM

Default The cash offered and MSRP reduction came from Audi...

on Dec 1 and unfortunately we didnt see it coming. I am sure your dealer would have told you to hang on for 2 days to get the benefit as this doesnt affect the profit in the deal you guys struck...
i ran into the same problem yesterday and Audi Canada told us "there is nothing we can do". It is unfortunate, BUT you have a killer car now so put some snow tires on it and get out and enjoy it!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: you can try calling them and see what they say

I not too sure where the truth lies!
My Dealer was at an Audi Dealer's meeting in Toronto on Wednesday, November 28, 2007.
At that meeting the Dealers were informed of the impending "price adjustments". My information is that they were also told that these adjustments would also be "stackable" onto the leases. The exception at that time was the A4. (No adjustment were announced until late Friday).
I signed my deal on Saturday, December 1st.
Cheers.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Devil's advocate

I agree that the situation is disappointing, but suppose that things went the other direction. If you (or me, or anyone) bought a car and the next day AoC raised prices, what would you say if they called and asked you to cough up some more $$, since it was only 1 day later?

Quick Reply: I fell into the trap of audi canada!!!!!