Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought an LG and am very happy with it - 3 year warranty
Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I still have my first gen iPod. It works great! My PCs were always breaking and impossible

for a non-techie like me to fix or even keep updated. Now I just switch it on and everything works - for years at a time. In fact my old "unreliable" Cube is humming away here on the desk alongside my iMac as we speak. The tower under the desk only comes on for film editing:-) They all work just as advertised, which is something I never encountered with PCs. I just hate it when a project requires I work on them now.

Sorry you've had bad luck with your iPod, but that's hardly an iMac. I've been using Apple now for 6 years, and although the PC GUI looks more and more like Mac's, the moment you step outside the basic stuff on the desktop, it gets complicated quickly.

Interestly enough, the very glitchy iDrive equipped BMWs use Windows CE :-)
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 AM

Just not ready to switch yet. Had my last PC for 7 years before the hard drive finally crapped out
Old 12-13-2006, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

It's just nice to have to worry about patches, virus updates, backups, losing data, etc
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM

Default You'll still be at risk of losing data on an iMac no? patches and updates are a click of the button

but maybe i know a little too much about computers. I'm quite computer savvy, but not to an extremo nerd status.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default or Valentina from the 'downer.

Right...you said "top" not "dance".
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM

What planet are you on?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Probably the same one as this guy...know him? ;-)

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/canada/msgs/84656.phtml">yahoo</a></li></ul>
Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes you can lose data, although I have yet to do so in 6 years. Not even a lost paragraph:)

Yes, a PC can do all those things automatically too, but you need to become a computer geek to make it do it. I just want to get the job done, not become a computer geek as well :-) To me a computer is a means to an end, not the end itself.

I get notices of software updates in a menu that pops up now and then when new stuff is available, and all it takes is a single click to accept, then it's back to work. Maybe the latest PCs can be made to do that, bu it's nice to have something that does that right out of the box without me messing with it.

Kind of like back in the old days, you had to set the spark advance, the idle, fuel mixture, and then go around to the front to hand crank the sucker and hope it didn't back-fire and break your arm. It can still take you where you want to go, but PCs feel like that to me now

I hope you have an opportunity to enjoy a Mac extensively some time. It does take some adaptation. When I started, I had to unlearn all my PC habits, where I assumed everything was more complicated than it really was on the Mac.

Yeah, iPhoto could be faster, but with 13,000 pictures on it, but I can't complain. The fan in the iMac is a bit loud on hot days or when doing some intensive programs like PS, iTunes, and iMovie all at once. Sometimes it's slow to wake up when it's been "sleeping" but that's about the end of my complaints.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More serious, so I don't get scolded, what is the use?

Only reason I ask is that I have a $900 Acer...I only use it for basic work stuff...i.e. Office products, PM software.

Quick Reply: Laptop help! which one? Toshiba, DELL, Lenovo