Rear Ended **Rant**

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Ended **Rant**

So I'm driving along HWY 6 in guelph, I slow down and come to a stop behind 10 other cars at a red light waiting for construction trucks to clear. Out of nowhere a Ford Taurus parks in my rear bumper!

So i get out .. see that i have about 15 scratches and the other car has a front bumper and grill on the floor. I chuckle inside and proceed to approach the other car, when i get to the door the girl is still on her mobile phone?! She says 'oops I gotta go i hit someone I'll call you soon'. So we pull to the side of the road and exchange Phone numbers and Names as I wish to settle out of insurance as my deductible is $1000.

Day goes by I give her a call on Sunday and she informs me that now she wants 3 estimates before making her decision. So now its Monday and I call her up again and she asks for them to be mailed I sigh and agree but also email her a copy. She says its going to take her a few weeks to address the issue as she personally wants to call the shops and verify that I actually went there.

At this point I just want to reach through the phone and slap the **** out of her but I cant. So she closes with the fact that she's considering putting this through her insurance but she's not sure yet.

What is wrong with people? Here I am trying to give her a break and get treated like ****.

What are my options? We didn't call the Police nor did I give her my insurance info. Seeing as my deductible is $1000 I don't see any point in making a claim as all estimates are in the $850-$1000 range.

/endRant about stupid girls who can't drive and should walk or take the bus so that they don't wreck my TT-S
Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Default That sucks that she hit you. It does suck that you opted for a $1000 deductible.

Because you are trying to go outside of formalized Insurance and a commonly shared process for handling accident repair it's more complicated and she is being careful (rightfully so). If she was my Wife or Daughter, I would be telling her to do the same thing. Of course I would be yelling at her for hitting someone in the first place. I'm sure someone is coaching/advising her. They're being cautious.

Depending on her situation, you aren't giving her a break, you are making things more difficult for her when it comes to the immediate issue of dealing with this process.

The Insurance company has service levels and are trying to please you (at least to your face and in the immediate interaction), she is trying to please herself and has no commitments to turn around times what so ever for you.

Is your time worth the hassles of taking on this process on your own? You have a TT. Get a $500 or less deductible.

You aren't ranting or out of line with your thinking. I would be exactly the same. I'm just figuring out the Girl's perspective and why she's so slow and difficult.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Default get an estimate at a shop that knows audis, if over the 1000.00 mark file a police report

she will have to follow up with one as well. insurance is still not involved at this point. stop being nice, 100% her fault
Old 12-04-2007, 09:59 AM
SMO
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm not an insurance expert, but doesn't her insurance cover your deductible in this case?

Also, I think you have 48 hrs to report it. I'm not sure what happens after that.

But I would do everything to convince her that going through insurance is a bad idea. Not only will she pay a deductible that will probably cost more than your settlement, but her insurance (and yours) will be scarred for 7 yrs.

Sounds to me, though, like she's trying to get you to lower your amount. I bet she's bluffing.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 AM

why would his be scarred? rear ended by someone else is 100% their fault
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

it is 100% her fault, you will get your deductble refunded, as long as she has insurance.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

PS: iYou did say you were at COMPLETE stop when it happend.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default IIRC, you have twenty four hours to report the claim and to police

Let your insurance take care of it, you shouldn't be involved doing this as it is her fault. Your insurance company will tell you what you need to do when it comes time to getting the repairs done.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 AM

yep and help you collect if she starts to balk.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
SMO
AudiWorld Member

Don't we have no fault insurance? Meaning it's a mark against you no matter what?

Quick Reply: Rear Ended **Rant**