For those looking to install e-codes with Silvervision corner bulbs and city lights....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 04:03 AM
YS4
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those looking to install e-codes with Silvervision corner bulbs and city lights....

I finished installing my Silvervision bulbs and citylights on my e-codes last night. (Sorry , no pictures). As you may know, the connecting stock harness to the corners has 3 slots and the e-code bulb holder only has 2 prongs. All the articles I've read say you should splice into the wires from the corner power feed and solder and tape accoringly. I found it easier to use .110" male disconnects, (actually I could only find .110" females at CDN Tire and simply made males out of them with a metal grinder), and attach them to the the wires from the connecting adapter and plug wire #1 (from the adapter) to slot #2 on the stock harness and #2 to slot #3. Likewise, the yellow wire from the city lights can simply attach in the same way to slot #1, which is the parking light power feed. This is a much easier and quicker way of doing the wiring than cutting, splicing and soldering. All I did afterwards was tape up the connecting assembly to keep out water and dirt and it was done. Anyhow, for the people thinking about doing the e-codes with single filament corner bulbs with city lights, you'll find this is a better way.